phantoms are tough

Wow, aggressive flying. I heard that Vancouver airport has hired an octocopter S800? to chase geese away, for $30k a year. I was flying yesterday and was attacked by a hummingbird LOL ! A big male zipping up and down in front of me wound up by the sound I guess. Thankfully he didn't hit me.

I think flying around scaring geese for $30k might be a good gig. But, you can get a dog to do the same thing and even follow them into the water. Why risk losing an octocopter if a four footed object will do the same for food and water, and not require battery changes.

Tim T.

Roadkilt said:
Wow, aggressive flying. I heard that Vancouver airport has hired an octocopter S800? to chase geese away, for $30k a year. I was flying yesterday and was attacked by a hummingbird LOL ! A big male zipping up and down in front of me wound up by the sound I guess. Thankfully he didn't hit me.

Just Flying. No FPV , flying gps mode across the paddock until 1000's of geese engulf the phantom, wait till they clear, can't see it, till i notice blinking lights on the ground, walk, put it in the air again & repeat, but when it dissapears next in the swarm, keep the throttle on.
Glad we don't have hummingbirds here anymore thanx to the Drop-bears

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues