PhantomPIlots Please help w/ Pixel Problem

Reaction score
It seems like this problem is a hit or miss, but lately(Pass 2-3 days), this problem has been consistent. The position of the vertical lines seem identical in nearly all the problematic pictures, and some the videos have a subtle line to them but not as bad the pictures.
Please view this video:

I already contacted DJI, and I'm waiting for a response. Does anyone have any experience to this exact problem? This happen out of the blue by the way.

I'm only looking at this on my mobile but to me it looks like noise caused by shooting at a high ISO. I'm assuming as its night shots you have pushed up the ISO. A lower ISO and if needs be you can increase the brightness in post processing or run a noise reduction programme.
Should say I got my first drone today and just joined this forum 5 min ago so not really drone experienced but I am a photographer and what I see is similar to noise in a still image.

Reactions: tml4191
I'm only looking at this on my mobile but to me it looks like noise caused by shooting at a high ISO. I'm assuming as its night shots you have pushed up the ISO. A lower ISO and if needs be you can increase the brightness in post processing or run a noise reduction programme.
Should say I got my first drone today and just joined this forum 5 min ago so not really drone experienced but I am a photographer and what I see is similar to noise in a still image.
Thanks for checking it out, but the settings were shot at both stock and long exposure. The iso was dropped to 100 ,and the shutter was around 2 for the longexposure shot, and lately the extra pixels have been new since I used to take shots like this about a month ago with the same settings.

Take a daylight shot. That's just noise. It's not a very good low light camera. IIRC, DJI does have a utility on their website to clean up this kind of noise on DNG files but you can also fix them in Photoshop / lightroom. Don't recall the exact name but if you wander around there you should find it.

The reason you don't see it on JPEG files is that the software to convert the raw file to JPEG has already done this.

Just took out it in the day... the video and the photos have parallel lines. There seems to be something loose in my controller. My screen was getting about half the video too. If the problem was in the controller, is that a sufficient explaination for the vertical line provb

Attachments

• IMG_1183.PNG
    IMG_1183.PNG
    699.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 122.JPG
    122.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 300
  • dayshot.JPG
    dayshot.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 263
  • video bars in the sky.JPG
    video bars in the sky.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 287
Those vertical bars are over exposure warnings. You can make them go away by shooting at the correct exposure or you can turn the warning off on the GO app. They're called 'zebra stripes' for some strange reason....

I already turned off over exposure warning if that's what you were talking about.

Those vertical bars are over exposure warnings. You can make them go away by shooting at the correct exposure or you can turn the warning off on the GO app. They're called 'zebra stripes' for some strange reason....
wetdog thank you for everything. DJI sent me instructions for imu calibration, gimbal calibration, and camera reset, hopefully that works.

wetdog thank you for everything. DJI sent me instructions for imu calibration, gimbal calibration, and camera reset, hopefully that works.
Tell us what camera reset is, if it is different then pressing a button in the app, like reset camera settings.

Rod

Take a daylight shot. That's just noise. It's not a very good low light camera. IIRC, DJI does have a utility on their website to clean up this kind of noise on DNG files but you can also fix them in Photoshop / lightroom. Don't recall the exact name but if you wander around there you should find it.

The reason you don't see it on JPEG files is that the software to convert the raw file to JPEG has already done this.

Lightroom / R side / click Detail / luminance slider.

I already turned off over exposure warning if that's what you were talking about.
Look at the image you sent showing your flying screen.
See the blue EV+2.0 in the camera data?
That indicates that you have the camera set to over-expose by 2 full stops.
Use the right side thumbwheel to put that back to EV0

Just took out it in the day... the video and the photos have parallel lines. There seems to be something loose in my controller. My screen was getting about half the video too. If the problem was in the controller, is that a sufficient explaination for the vertical line problems?
Look at the image you sent showing your flying screen.
See the blue EV+2.0 in the camera data?
That indicates that you have the camera set to over-expose by 2 full stops.
Use the right side thumbwheel to put that back to EV0
Thank you for replying. Once I read your comment I pulled the p3p out of the shipping box and readjusted the settings, but it was still giving me vertical pixels everywhere. When I turned down the EV to negative it was white, and when it was at 0, it was black, and then when it was at 3.0, there were blue and black colors. I believe this camera has genuinely malfunctioned, and I do not know exactly it started, but thank you again for everyone that put their input into this thread. I am now sending in for repairs to DJi North America( still have to ship it even though it's driving distance).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20