Phantom3..

Reaction score
I just purchased the P3 standard.. I downloaded firmware,calibrated everything, camera is on showing a clear picture,GPS working..the remote moves the camera..but when I move the sticks to start the motors I get nothing..did I miss something?

You could try auto take off and see what happens, however, if there is an issue with the sticks it could be bad news. Maybe the thing to do is to go into the tutorial and try it out on the simulator

So it sounds like something wrong with either the controller or the aircraft. I would go into the DJI Go app and try the simulator.

It's down an inward not outward
Either way will work.

Per the P3S manual:

StartingMotors.jpg

What was the issue?

Either way will work.

Per the P3S manual:

View attachment 91772

This is odd... I have two Phantom 3 Standards and neither of them will start like the manual says. Never have. The controller (RC) has a detente on the left stick that locks it to the rear if pulled all the way back. Pulling down and in or down and out still locks the throttle in the off position and thereby not letting the motors start. None of my other controllers have that feature. P3SE, P4 etc. hmmm?

The controller (RC) has a detente on the left stick that locks it to the rear if pulled all the way back.
If interested, you can remove the throttle lock like this.

Pulling down and in or down and out still locks the throttle in the off position and thereby not letting the motors start.
Skip going down and move the sticks straight to the bottom inside or outside corners.

Reactions: Indiana_pyro
I had a similar problem but cured it by recallibrating the r/c from the "Go" app - give it a try.

If interested, you can remove the throttle lock like this.

Skip going down and move the sticks straight to the bottom inside or outside corners.

Thanks msinger,
I've tried going straight to bottom inside or outside. It still locks the throttle back. I looked at the link to disable and didn't realize you could do that. However, I like the feature the way it is. I've never had a tip over using the throttle to shut motors down. If ever I decide to fly without a tablet or phone I may try that but for now I like it just like it is. As you wise Sages say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" ;-)
Thanks for the tips and all the help this group provides.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub