Phantom3

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I have the phantom 3 and I just put the protection crash blades on it and now the one motor won't start up. It started up perfectly fine before I put them protection blades on.. What can be the problem?

Hey guys. So I have the phantom 3 and I just put the protection crash blades on it and now the one motor won't start up. It started up perfectly fine before I put them protection blades on.. What can be the problem?
Did you use screws that were too long? If you are talking about prop guards, we have seen many people damage motors using the wrong screws. Just something to check.

If your talking about prop gaurds you may have inadvertently used a screw that is too long during installation and managed to butcher the field windings in the motor.

It came with the long screws so I put them in. So did I busted the motor and have to get a new one or what do I need to do?

How tight did you put the screws in? You may have over tighten them. Put the original ones back in with out using the guards and see if it makes the same noise

Yes i did use the long screws. So I guess I messed up the motor?
Did you use screws that were too long? If you are talking about prop guards, we have seen many people damage motors using the wrong screws. Just something to check.
I did

The most common problem people seem to encounter is using the longer screws supplied with the prop gaurds without the gaurds installed. If you have done that you are loooing to replace at least one motor unfortunately (the others may be working but cold have shorted turns or significant enough mechanical damage to go open circuit in flight.

Remove the motors and examine the windings- damage, if present, should be obvious. Take it from there. If you replace a motor make sure you perform the terminations of the wiring at the main board.

Are you getting any errors displayed in the GO app when powering on or trying to start the motors?

Hey " With The Birds" can you elaborate on making sure to "perform terminations at board when replacing motor"
Thanks..

Hey " With The Birds" can you elaborate on making sure to "perform terminations at board when replacing motor"
Thanks..
Perform the connections at the designated solder pads on the mainboard (as per original). Some people elect to try and splice the wires with poor results. The fly leads on the motors are comprised of individually insulated strands (magnet wire). Motors as supplied have the insulation removed at the ends and are pre tinned ready for soldering.

Remove the motors and examine the windings- damage, if present, should be obvious. Take it from there. If you replace a motor make sure you perform the terminations of the wiring at the main board.

Are you getting any errors displayed in the GO app when powering on or trying to start the motors?
No the app doesn't show any errors at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20