Phantom3 home lock, course lock, atti lock?

Reaction score
Have had the P2v+ for a year, and got my Phantom3 Pro today. With my P2 I used home lock a lot, and also used course lock and atti lock now and then.

Now wondering if the P3 have the same abilities? And how I activate and use it on P3? I have Googled and Youtubed but was amazed that I did not find anything about this. So I wonder if maybe the P3 dont have this feature or maybe another way to do this.

Excuse my bad english; as I'm from Norway.

Course Lock only so far. Other IOC modes (intelligent orientation control) may come in subsequent releases. First turn on Multiple Flight Mode and IOC, under MC Settings...Advanced Settings. Then when you flip the switch to F mode you can access Course Lock.

So we still need a home lock for the P3 then? To me it seems that home lock and course lock is pretty much like, just that the home lock is allways getting the quad back to homepoint. As far as I can see home lock is safer to use, especially for new pilots like me. Put it in home lock and pull the stick backwards and the quad will come home.

IMHO home lock (not available yet) originates from the recorded home position no matter what. It is a polar array with the home point as the center.
Course lock rather freezes the X and Y axes based on the orientation (nose = forward). All stick movements are now relative to the frozen axes, independent of nose orientation. If you locate yourself behind the bird (based on the orientation of the activated course lock) it might be the closest you can come to a homelock as pulling back will fly the Phantom back to you. But you can overshoot and ending up behind you ....

Reactions: Kenneth Gundersen
IMHO home lock (not available yet) originates from the recorded home position no matter what. It is a polar array with the home point as the center.
Course lock rather freezes the X and Y axes based on the orientation (nose = forward). All stick movements are now relative to the frozen axes, independent of nose orientation. If you locate yourself behind the bird (based on the orientation of the activated course lock) it might be the closest you can come to a homelock as pulling back will fly the Phantom back to you. But you can overshoot and ending up behind you ....

I had a P2 V+ for a few months and never came out of beginner mode on it but now that I have a P3 I was brave enough to disable it and jump to more advanced features.

Since Ive already sold my P3 I am now upset that I never had a chance to test these features (specifically, homelike) as it seems to be what I need since I suck at orientation.

I tried course lock and it can indeed get tricky for a beginner. I'm not sure if I am explaining this correctly but while testing CL the other day I realized that a beginner has a tendency to PHYSICALLY move around with the controller and at some point I felt disoriented from the drone. With course lock you MUST stand directly behind the drone (think of it as a straight line).. the minute you move your position physically you may start to notice that orientation is different. When this happened I simply had to take of CL and then reset the position.

With home lock, although I haven't had a chance to actually try it out yet, you are in a bubble and no matter where/what position the drone is in it will always come back to you by pulling on the stick.

To me, overshooting is not a big concern (at least if you still have the drone in site) however orientation is and I know first hand I have a habit of moving around with the controller since I've only been flying for a couple of months now maybe 2-3s a month.

I'm actually about to start a thread asking if anyone knows specifically when DJI will update the firmware and release HL for the P3. I think if enough of us ask about it will become more of a priority.

You need to UNDERSTAND it and MANY are confused at first so don't feel bad. Keep practicing, watching videos or use the simulator until you get it.

When in CL you must 'suspend' the notion that the direction the a/c is facing is going to be forward when you move the right stick forward. Forward is the direction it was facing on take-off or the heading you reset it to in flight.

So if you were facing North at take-off (and have not reset CL in-flight) and then when facing East you enter CL mode, Right sick forward will move the a/c [sideways] North, not East, regardless of where your Gold or Silver arm bands are facing. You being 'behind' it will make no difference.

This notion is a common one to many at first and would rarely ever be correct.
Best not to suggest this as it furthers confusion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj