phantom3 case foam

Reaction score
Anyone know where you can get the grey foam that fits inside the hard shell case...I got a case that was made for the phantom 2 but the phantom 3 doesnt fit was just gonna get some of that foam and try and cut it and make it fit?

I am in the same boat... who knew the landing skids were wider? o_O

Try on eBay you will find many sources.

Best bet would be to buy a $40 P3 backpack and use its foam into DJI's hardshell :) or who knows you start loving that backpack.

If his case is like mine (Tradecraft/Seahorse) those will not fit as they will be to small. :(
Someone must sell them. I have seen a sold block that you cut out yourself but I was hoping for a precut version.
I may even just cut my existing one to fit.

If his case is like mine (Tradecraft/Seahorse) those will not fit as they will be to small. :(
Someone must sell them. I have seen a sold block that you cut out yourself but I was hoping for a precut version.
I may even just cut my existing one to fit.
What are the inner dimensions of your hard shell?

Just buy the proper case. Easy

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Billstmaxx. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

The outside of the case is identical in either case. It is only the cutouts that are incorrect on the skids by about .5"
Why bother with an entire new expensive case if you already own one? But if your offering one, sure, I'll take it. :D

What are the inner dimensions of your hard shell?

Roughly 22" x 13.5" x 6.5"

Just buy the proper case. Easy
The problem is no proper case exists. Getting foam, allows you to buy a real backpack, that has pockets, or fits your personalized needs and protect your drone.

I have the hardshell DJI case, and the problem is there is no pockets on the outside to store tools, filters, iPad, cables, harness and all the stuff you really need. Most of the soft backpacks for sale with inserts aren't great for my needs either. I have a large perfect backpack that I sewed modifications to myself. This will be great for a foam insert.

I think this is why people want to choose a foam insert for customization :)

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Billstmaxx. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

The outside of the case is identical in either case. It is only the cutouts that are incorrect on the skids by about .5"
Why bother with an entire new expensive case if you already own one? But if your offering one, sure, I'll take it. :D

Roughly 22" x 13.5" x 6.5"
This is good enough space to modify your existing foam to make it OK for P3.

Lots of places sell the foam, even Grainger. Do a search for polyethylene foam, there's lots of options. A small blade bandsaw would cut it nice.

I had a GoProfessiinal case for my Phantom 2...had the same issue with mine...all I did was trim the space where the skids go..made it just a little wider using a long kitchen knife...just needed to trim a very little bit off each side...beats spending money on a new case...fits perfect now...hey if you don't like it u can always get the new foam then...I also have the UAV bits pieces on the arms, used a Dremel to trim the case so those fit in nice

Anyone know where you can get the grey foam that fits inside the hard shell case...I got a case that was made for the phantom 2 but the phantom 3 doesnt fit was just gonna get some of that foam and try and cut it and make it fit?

In Canada you can buy it at Canadian Tire.
Bob

I am in the same boat... who knew the landing skids were wider? o_O
I've got a related issue with a new Fearless backpack I had to send back. My landing gear is 6 5/8" wide by 5 1/2" long. How wide is the Phantom 2?

I'm thinking the Fearless backpack I was shipped was really for a Phantom 2, it measured 6 1/8" wide for the landing gear cavity.

I've got a related issue with a new Fearless backpack I had to send back. My landing gear is 6 5/8" wide by 5 1/2" long. How wide is the Phantom 2?

I'm thinking the Fearless backpack I was shipped was really for a Phantom 2, it measured 6 1/8" wide for the landing gear cavity.

Actual skid width at front
P2nv - 6" wide
P3S - 6.5 wide

Where were you with this info a few hours ago? :D

I just bought the expensive DJI backpack!
republican-cry-baby-gif.gif
Like the way baby is crying and not listening to his cries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31