Phantom2 VS Phantom 2 Vision- Frequencies

Reaction score
Dear Fellow Phantom Pilots,
I recently purchased a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse Gimbal & GoPro Hero 3+. I considered purchasing the Phantom 2 Vision, but I went with the Zenmuse Gimbal GoPro Hero 3+ set-up as the Zenmuse offers multi-axis tilt, whereas the Phantom 2 Vision camera only offers single axis tilt.
I'm happy with the Phantom 2 with Zenmuse Gimbal set-up but I'm amazed that this advanced set-up does not allow for in-flight camera control when the less expensive Vision does. What is really a mystery is that dji REVERSED the frequencies on their Vision to allow WiFi camrea control.
The Phantom 2 with Zenmuse Gimbal & GoPro Hero 3+ transmits on a frequency of 2.4GHz with a video down-link of 5.8GHz. The Phantom 2 Vision is reversed and transmits on a frequency of 5.8GHz with a WiFi control (video down-link) of 2.4GHz. The GoPro Hero 3+ also has a WiFi control (video down-link) of 2.4GHz.
WHY DIDN'T DJI SET-UP THEIR PHANTOM 2 THE SAME WAY THEY SET-UP THEIR PHANTOM 2 VISION? This would allow WiFi control of the GoPro Hero 3+ while in the air. AS it is I have to start the GoPro Hero 3+ on the ground, then let it "auto operate" with no control of it while in the air. This is a totally archaic approach and IMO a HUGE oversight on the part of dji.
FYI- I have read posts where users have had their Phantom 2 "fly-off" because they had the Go Pro Hero 2.4GHz WiFi on and it interfered with the 2.4GHz transmitter on the Phantom 2.
Any ideas or work-arounds to this?

Probably there is no app for 5.8Ghz and 2.4 is way better then 5.8 for the flight controller because you can fly much further with your Gopro now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik