Phantom2 v3 upgraded controller

Reaction score
Hi, i have the Phantom 2 v3 thats the version with the upgraded controller. My question is, does the quad go home on low battery level or does it just do an emergency landing wherever it happens to be?
The assistant software has go home on low battery enabled, but since this software applies to all versions i'm not sure go home on low battery is a feature on my entry level model.

Hi, i have the Phantom 2 v3 thats the version with the upgraded controller. My question is, does the quad go home on low battery level or does it just do an emergency landing wherever it happens to be?
The assistant software has go home on low battery enabled, but since this software applies to all versions i'm not sure go home on low battery is a feature on my entry level model.

There is a (RTH) return to home feature in the battery section of the P2 software. The critical low battery level if checked will RTH when it senses a problem with the battery

If you have the latest P2 non vision it is a v2 DJI did not make a version 3 for that model.

Just to add to Jason's comments, the controller doesn't affect the RTH functions. As he mentioned, those parameters are defined in the Phantom itself which you access through the software.

One thing I did change regarding the controller was to make the lower switch position on the right-hand switch a RTH function instead of ATTI, which is the default. It makes no sense to me that both the middle and lower positions are ATTI by default. The bottom switch position is the only one you can change and that's done in the assistant software in the Phantom itself.

RTH_Label_2.jpg

MUCH more convenient for activating RTH than turning off the controller.

Just to add to Jason's comments, the controller doesn't affect the RTH functions. As he mentioned, those parameters are defined in the Phantom itself which you access through the software.

One thing I did change regarding the controller was to make the lower switch position on the right-hand switch a RTH function instead of ATTI, which is the default. It makes no sense to me that both the middle and lower positions are ATTI by default. The bottom switch position is the only one you can change and that's done in the assistant software in the Phantom itself.

RTH_Label_2.jpg

MUCH more convenient for activating RTH than turning off the controller.

Which mode do you have the P2 software set to phantom or naza??

Which mode do you have the P2 software set to phantom or naza??

Plain old Phantom. I looked into the NAZA option but didn't really see any advantage to it. Unless there's something nifty I missed.

Plain old Phantom. I looked into the NAZA option but didn't really see any advantage to it. Unless there's something nifty I missed.

There is an advantage to using the naza. In the phantom mode there is no ATTI mode in the center position of switch S1 and of you do have failsafe in the bottom position if you set it up that way in the software. In the naza mode there are two parts to it. The first part is the addition of ATTI and 3 choices on the third position of switch S! ATTI, Failsafe and Manual. The second part of the naza is the IOC which gives you course lock and home lock on switch S2. So there are advantages to using the naza.

I only use the ATTI portion when filming by letting the P2 drift with the wind the rear LED's turn yellow when in ATTI mode

Short of pulling my laptop out and hooking everything up to verify what version I'm actually using, my right controller switch defaults to GPS (top), ATTI (middle), and either ATTI or RTH (bottom). The bottom position is the only user-selectable position and toggles between ATTI and RTH only.

If yours is different than mine it may have to do with the fact that my flight controller is for a Vision+. It also sounds like you have both an ATTI and Manual mode. I didn't know there even was an actual manual mode so that's what I called ATTI, since it it basically a manual mode compared to GPS mode. What exactly does manual mode do or not do in your setup?

By the way, rcnutz, sorry for going astray in your thread.

Short of pulling my laptop out and hooking everything up to verify what version I'm actually using, my right controller switch defaults to GPS (top), ATTI (middle), and either ATTI or RTH (bottom). The bottom position is the only user-selectable position and toggles between ATTI and RTH only.

If yours is different than mine it may have to do with the fact that my flight controller is for a Vision+. It also sounds like you have both an ATTI and Manual mode. I didn't know there even was an actual manual mode so that's what I called ATTI, since it it basically a manual mode compared to GPS mode. What exactly does manual mode do or not do in your setup?

By the way, rcnutz, sorry for going astray in your thread.

If your controller is for a Vision+ then you P2 is not a non vision as the visions operate on a frequency of 5.8GHz. But that has nothing to with fly in the Phantom mode. Phantom mode does not have ATTI on switch S1 but if you insist that it does here's a simple way to find out what on the center position of S1. Get you sat lock and hover at 10 to 15 feet and watch the LED's in GPS they slowly flash green now switch to the center position on S1 if the LED's are still flashing green and it has drifted with wind it's not ATTI. In ATTI the LED's will switch from green to yellow and just because the labeling on S1 is marked GPS, ATTI and ATTI doesn't mean that what you have. It's a common mistake to assume.

Jason, I said flight controller. Trust me. I know how my Phantom works since I rebuilt it, programmed it and calibrated it. GPS/ATTI/ ATTI or RTH. End of story.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj