Phantom2 unpredictable movement

Reaction score
Hi
Recent owner. Had several successful flights with solid control.

Plugged into software naza m and dji phantom and did not change any settings

However since then the drone seems to drift without controller input in perfectly still conditions.
does anyone know why?

:?:

Hi nKir707 and welcome to phantompilots forum.

If the unit shows sign of drift then its recommended to run an IMU calibration using the asst software and then do a compass calibration.

Try it and then let us know how its working

How to do an IMU calibration

nkir707 said:
Hi
Recent owner. Had several successful flights with solid control.

Plugged into software naza m and dji phantom and did not change any settings

However since then the drone seems to drift without controller input in perfectly still conditions.
does anyone know why?

:?:
Can you confirm you are in GPS mode and if so can you confirm you got a good home point.

Do an IMU calibration as crash1sttime suggests. Note that in the P2 software (as opposed the the P1 software in that link) you will likely get a warning about over temperature just before starting advanced calibration. I usually deal with this by leaving the Assistant software on the same Tab, and turn off the P2 for 5 minutes, then turn it back on and then as soon as the Assistant sees the P2 immediately press the Advanced (calibration) button, and it completes without a temperature warning. Not sure what the official guidelines are for this -but this seems to work OK for me.

Also, important to do a compass calibration away from *any* metal or electro magenetic influences.

Hi

Yes both switches are all the way up, which is GPS mode? Is the home point set when it does the fast green flashes like 7 times? If so, then yes I wait for that every time. I usually have around 6/7 satellites.

nkir707 said:
Hi

Yes both switches are all the way up, which is GPS mode?
If you are asking which is GPS mode ??? :eek: :eek: , I think you may have some homework to do first. This is "page 1" stuff. Have you attempted to read any documentation ?

nkir707 said:
Is the home point set when it does the fast green flashes like 7 times? If so, then yes I wait for that every time.

Do you have IOC set in the assistant software. I assume not, but it matters because if you have the first set of green flashes is not for GPS

nkir707 said:
I usually have around 6/7 satellites.
Not normally enough, but I am guessing you have no IOSD information so you dont know. That is reasonable. In this case you should wait at least 30 seconds more before you take off to see if you can collect some more satellite locks before taking off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic