Phantom2 + H3-3D + Mini OSD + BTU

Reaction score
I'm going to acquire a Phantom 2 with a H3-3D gimbal. Is it possible to connect the Mini OSD module AND the BTU module ? (Is there enough CAN port ?) (Do I need to buy the MarkII ?)

Thanks !

They will all fit, but the BTU won't work on the P2. I don't know if they will ever update the firmware to fix it. You can add the Bluetooth iPad ground station but that won't let you change your Naza settings in flight.

Cheers,

Kev

You have two different things,

The ground station as I mentioned works fine, the BTU that comes with that connects to the ground side not the Phantom 2. The BTU as a standalone and connected to the P2 will not work, fine on true Naza V2 controllers.

Cheers,

Kev

Well that's €40 plus shipping thrown in the bin ..thanks to DJI grrrrrr

I just got the btu for my p2 and found out it's not compatible ... Nice :twisted:

Norangat said:

I just got the btu for my p2 and found out it's not compatible ... Nice :twisted:

The Bluetooth BTU and BT ground station are compatible with the Phantom 2 after you upgrade the firmware to the latest version. I have the air station inside the P2 and the ground station hooked up to the BTU and it works fine. I ended up getting the air unit to extend the range of the signal since the BTU only goes about 40-50 meters. I haven't tried connecting the BTU by itself to the can-bus, but with the ground and air units it does definitely work.

djzeratul said:
Norangat said:

The Bluetooth BTU and BT ground station are compatible with the Phantom 2 after you upgrade the firmware to the latest version. I have the air station inside the P2 and the ground station hooked up to the BTU and it works fine. I ended up getting the air unit to extend the range of the signal since the BTU only goes about 40-50 meters. I haven't tried connecting the BTU by itself to the can-bus, but with the ground and air units it does definitely work.

By its self it will not work , at least not yet ( DJI make it work !!!! )

So I won't be able to calibrate and test if I'm away with no laptop , which is why I bought it .

Doesn't make any sense from DJI to make the BTU work on all platforms and leave the P2 out since it's one of its best sellers and more travel friendly ... Eh go figure

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd