Phantom wont lift off ground, not enough thrust.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I checked around the forums and couldn't find a similar issue. Im having a lot of problem with my phantom. A few months ago it crashed from a high height. I had for wait for months just for the parts to come in stock. Just had to replace the body and two motors. I also order a gimbal from goodluckbuy. So I fixed everything back up and attached my gimbal. Then I updated to 3.16 and loaded the custom parameters and calibrated my tx. Everything was working fine, it would fly good in ATTI Mode, I didn't try GPS yet because my compass MOD is too low around 300 and nothing seems to fix that. Anyways back to the story I landed my phantom to change the battery and after changing it, turned it back on... turn on the motors but the phantom wont lift. I took it back home.. calibrated the compass and tx, both basic and advanced many times.. make sure I'm running on QuadRotorX, loaded the custom controller parameters. My gains and everything are set to stock. Basically checked everything possible to the problem. And now I even updated to 4.00 and did a motor test. My motors are in the correct position. Theres a youtube video that has the exact same problem as mine check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBtjJMosLNU to know what I'm talking about. So basically I've tried everything to fix this issue.. when I turn on the motors and go past 50% it still wont lift.. It is not receiving enough thrust/power. I have a goodluckbuy gimbal attached to it as well.. but I am sure that is not the problem or could it be? I even opened up the tx controller to see if anything is wrong inside but no solution. Can anyone please help me? I have tried everything but no luck. I want to start flying again, Thanks.

I know it sounds silly, but double check that the prop rotation direction is correct on each arm. Also, the curved airfoil on the prop is up.

bumper

Have you checked your settings on NAZA ? make sure that you have the right Quad selected. I think it's the second or third box. Shold have diaginal props spinning in the same direction. I had that happen once and I think that is what fixed it.

I know it sounds silly, but double check that the prop rotation direction is correct on each arm. Also, the curved airfoil on the prop is up.

bumper

Have you looked at your motor settings in the Naza Assistant Software? Sometimes the motor setting get removed or changed from the recommended setting. I had a similar power loss and discovered that all setting in the motor section were removed. Once I reset to the recommended position Phantom's power returned.

bumper said:

bumper

+1 for the lid on wrong . . .

Easy to do, and will result if the problem you have, powering up, but not taking off (it blowing the air up, pushing the phantom to the ground).

The thing is he said it happened between flights after a battery change, it flew first time then wouldnt lift off. I doubt he has moved props or the shell around in between flights.

May want to check the tiny RX onboard and make sure there is nothing loose, otherwise it could be something power related to back to the gimbal. Did you use the extra power cables provided as these are very thin and have failed on a few people so make sure nothing is going on there either. Your case doesnt make too much sense but it must be some solder or connection that may have come lose after your crash.

Um . . . Yeah! I should read the full detail before I assume its another "wrong lid" deal. MY BAD

In between flights? That's strange! Really, nothing in the naza etc should change, I will point out, when my tx lost calibration (dunno how that happen?) it had odd behaviour (arm motors, then anything over 50% gave full throttle?) double check the sticks have full and correct movement in the naza assistant.

I'll go hide under my rock again now :)

martcerv said:
The thing is he said it happened between flights after a battery change, it flew first time then wouldnt lift off. I doubt he has moved props or the shell around in between flights.

May want to check the tiny RX onboard and make sure there is nothing loose, otherwise it could be something power related to back to the gimbal. Did you use the extra power cables provided as these are very thin and have failed on a few people so make sure nothing is going on there either. Your case doesnt make too much sense but it must be some solder or connection that may have come lose after your crash.

I will give it a check and see, maybe even disconnect the gimbal and try it. I didn't use the extra wire to power the gimbal I sautered it to the board.. where the battery is sautered to.

Driffill said:
Um . . . Yeah! I should read the full detail before I assume its another "wrong lid" deal. MY BAD

In between flights? That's strange! Really, nothing in the naza etc should change, I will point out, when my tx lost calibration (dunno how that happen?) it had odd behaviour (arm motors, then anything over 50% gave full throttle?) double check the sticks have full and correct movement in the naza assistant.

I'll go hide under my rock again now :)

Something to do with the tx I already calibrated but it won't lift after 50% throttle. Checked all settings and gains

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20