Phantom without camera

ado

Reaction score
Has anyone tried removing the camera+gimbal from the P2V+ and then flying the phantom without the camera+gimbal? Is it safe to do?

I know the battery status or anything else wont show, and the phone app is useles without the camera on the phantom, but one could get information from the lights.

I did, when my camera was getting the ribbon cable replaced. I flew it a lot. Just be careful with the plastic anti drop pins and you can reuse them.

I do it all the time - works just fine with the caveats you mentioned. Just have my gopro mounted to the belly where the trashed gimbal and camera were.

Ok thanks, i was thinking after i got skilled on manual i would remove the camera and do spinns maybe, and then i dont want the gimbal to stress out.

Any idea if the camera+gimbal could be used as stand alone? With some other power supply then from the phantom?
Maybe with a computer, or something else and still be able to controll the camera from the phone app.

You cant use standalone as the cam gimbal assy works with the internal Phantom WiFi TX to establish the connection to the remote WiFi repeater on the controller

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20