Phantom will not start up

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 2 and only use it for filming with my GoPro.
I take it to a location and complete a fly for maybe 10 minutes or so. No problems.
I then take it to a second location a few minutes later and no go. Prior to the "no go" I have an intermittent slow flashing green light, but as soon as I hit the start props levers on the control, these lights change to quick flashing yellow. Any ideas please, as it is frustrating not getting that second fly?
Cheers

is there any possibility you moved to within 5 miles of an airport and entered a flight-restriction zone?

I live on a remote Pacific Island and everywhere on the Island is within 2 miles of the airport.

I've had this problem basically since I've had the Phantom. It will always fly on the first flight, but never on the second, unless I do not turn it off while I travel between the locations. But I then run the risk of the quad returning to the original location if something goes wrong. Each location is never more than I mile apart, and usually much less.
Any ideas?

I'm not sure if you can do this with yours, but I use a P2 as well, and my firmware is V2.0. No fly restrictions zones whatsoever...
Then it is your responsibility to fly err.. responsibly. :)
Once it works again you may want to give a call to the local ATC and let them know that and when you are going to fly around. They might be just glad to know it and you would be covered.

There is virtually no restricted air space to fly where I live.
My problem is getting a second flight from my machine.
Perhaps this is normal , and if it is, please post

Doesn't sound normal for sure!

If you go to the second location where it would not start first, would it start then?

Doesn't yellow flashing mean IMU calibration required?
Would make sense, since transport can bump the Phantom and disturb IMU.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj