Phantom wakeboard boat chase footage

Reaction score
Gopro 3 black attached with no gimbal or fpv. Footage taken at a secret spot in the southwest of Australia, http://youtu.be/8-zBCukQwqY . That link is the high definition link if you can't run that check this one out http://youtu.be/bEd5pjA_ENU

p.s cannot be played on mobile due to youtube restrictions, should be viewable on P.C. Let me know if you have any problems viewing.

Cheers

Salesman said:
Nice! I need to start editing like that. What software are you using?
Spanky
Cheers mate, I used the gopro cineform program to convert, edit and export, then windows 8 movie maker app. I've had the phantom and gopro for about 3 weeks now, looking forward to the zenmuse gimbal.

Roadkilt said:
Vid won't display on a mobile device. What's with that?

Same issue here, this comes up when you use audio that you dont have rights to. The copyright holder can decide if the vidoe is completly blocked or where it can be used, this can also change at any time so its better off avoiding commercial music alltogether I think.

There is a setting to allow viewing on mobile devices, but if you use music that you dont have rights to you may not have any control over this. Check the mobile device settings and also any copyright infringement notifcations that may block the video in some cou tries or on mobike devices.

martcerv said:
There is a setting to allow viewing on mobile devices, but if you use music that you dont have rights to you may not have any control over this. Check the mobile device settings and also any copyright infringement notifcations that may block the video in some cou tries or on mobike devices.

Sorted out the problem, copyright laws state you can use commercial music on youtube you just need to mention the band name and song. Proof of purchase of the music is also good. when you use a commercial song in youtube they will usually advertise it for sale when people view your video. Thanks for the advice though. The other link I just posted should work it will just be at a lower definition. http://youtu.be/bEd5pjA_ENU

New link still doesnt work on mobile, unfortunatly yt copyright conditions and enforcement arent as simple as you think. There is rarely any logic to it and proof of purchase wont get you very far. Its completly up to whoever owns the rights to your track how they want to enforce the copyright, most commonly it will be blocked on mobile devices and for some strange reason nearly every commercial soundtrack will also be banned in germany. The blocking may be different in each country but if you go to your video section on yt you can see ang cooyright claims against your videos.

Even if you have full rights to the music the auto scan may block your audio and you then need to show proof you have permission to use the audio, this has happened to me in the past and takes over a month to clear even if you have direct written permission from the artist.

This can also change any day so a track that is viewable today may not be tomorrow and the onky way you can have complete control over any video on youtube is if its entirely your own content or you have proof of permission to use any parts you did not create. In many cases using commercial music it will play as is and just post a link to purchase the song but the fact you bought a song has no effect on your permission to broadcast it or reuse for any public use unless it says so in your license or purchase agreement.

Thanks for the info once again mate, I acknowledged the content owner rights and the video's are still available to view. The first video I uploaded to youtube was to Metallica - Enter Sandman and I used recommended settings to convert to a youtube viewable video. I can view this on my mobile and it has HD settings available. For this clip I used recommended settings again and I cannot view on mobile. When saving in Movie Maker you are given a massive list of options to save from small android phone all the way to high def screens. maybe if I save at 1200 x 700 and a slightly slower bit rate it may work.

It was interesting to see from the youtube sight that the content owner has three options when coming across copyright infringement. They can choose to block, track or monetise the video in question. I guess it depends on whether or not they approve of the use of their music. Which is quite fair I think.

I will resave at a lower bit rate and see if that makes a difference, but as you said before youtube has different rules in different countries so while the music may play in Australia it may not somewhere else.

Once again a novice on a sharp learning curve so I would appreciate any information.

Gimbal is here, can't wait to see the difference in footage quality. Got a snowboarding holiday in N.Z soon, checking with customs as to whether I can take it. Love to, unbelievable scenery in New Zealand!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl