Phantom Vision Speed Test

Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I would test today and see what Max speed I could achieve with my PV and was surprised to see that these things can get a shift on, top speed was 57.97 mph, Of course top speed was on a down wind leg. I was even more surprised to see that I am currently second fastest for the PV frame on the Flytrex stats... Record for PV is 59.11mph... Not bad for a PV with camera and Gimbal slung underneath as I would of thought the top speed merchants would be using a naked frame's for this, any one else have a top speed that they maybe have not published?

I am now chasing for that number one spot :D

Attachments

• speed.png
    speed.png
    238.2 KB · Views: 1,061
That was in GPS Mode??? Well Atti is way faster! Well it is on my P1.

I think I'm going to have to get one of these flytrex! Sounds like fun having some challenges. I've done all the flying around a boring park now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meluk said:
That was in GPS Mode??? Well Atti is way faster! Well it is on my P1.

I think I'm going to have to get one of these flytrex! Sounds like fun having some challenges. I've done all the flying around a boring park now :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes GPS mode.. I'll try ATTI next ;) yes the flytrex is fun and its an easy installation, as you say there are some great challenges.

I think that Atti or GPS will give you the same air speed results as both modes will not allow the quad to go over a certain angle of attack!
(I've got the exact data here, but can not find it at the moment!)

Edit.
Found it again.
GPS / Atti = Max Tilt Angle for V2 = 35°
GPS / Atti = Max Tilt Angle for V1 = 45°

Nice, but it's not really fair doing this with tail wind!
You all should use AIR speed, and not ground speed :)

Noël said:
I think that Atti or GPS will give you the same air speed results as both modes will not allow the quad to go over a certain angle of attack!
(I've got the exact data here, but can not find it at the moment!)

Edit.
Found it again.
GPS / Atti = Max Tilt Angle for V2 = 35°
GPS / Atti = Max Tilt Angle for V1 = 45°

Ah yes that would explain the top speeds for the first generation variants.. Manual mode seems the only option, I'm not sure I'm that brave :shock:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20