Phantom Vision shudder on hover

Reaction score
I have been away from the forum and phantom flying for a while. I flew the craft on Saturday with no problems. Today I decided to upgrade to the latest firmware to take advantage of the waypoint possibilities. I haven't got as far as those yet because on a standard test flight I took off and hovered for a while just to make sure that all was well and unfortunately the phantom shudders and moves erratically left to right, up and down. I have recalibrated the IMU, sticks and compass to no avail.
Any ideas anyone?
many thanks

Ya know Mactab, I noticed the same on mine last night but it was pretty windy. Unfortunately today is worse so I'm anxious to try it when it's calm

I have a vision 2 that I just got as a fixer upper due to a crash by the past owner and I updated the firm ware and when even trying to test it out while holding on to it. IT was violently trying to go side to side all on its own I thought it was just totally freaking out and toast. But I noticed the default gains seemed way out of whack in the ver3 assistant compared to older ones and bringing them down seemed to reduce it a lot.

SO im glad to see its not just the POS wreak I bought doing it. But i could not ever see how it would fly like that with out ending in a bad crash for sure. A few times it was so crazy It almost twisted its self free from my hands holding on to it with both hands.

Hi guys,
New props and there was no wind on the test flight - I have connected to the software and can see that the gains are set at 125% but how do you change them to 100% as they don't seem to stick when changed and default back to 125.

What I am getting now is this message:
Abnormal compass data. Please restart the Flihgt Controller or reconnect the compass due to the losse connection. if this error continues, please contact your dealer or DJI customer service.

what is the remedy for this please?

thanks in advance

Abnormal compass data. Please restart the Flihgt Controller or reconnect the compass due to the losse connection. if this error continues, please contact your dealer or DJI customer service.

I keep getting that too randomly some times just shutting it off and turning it back on and it would go away. and come back I unplugged it and replugged the cable in and it still gave me that message a few times. Unplugging it while it was on then plugging it back in after the phantom was turned off Seems to of stopped it for now. BUT thats another thing that was makeing me think the one i had was more messed up then the average phantom vision 2. But now im just more convinced they are just all unequivalently just total Pieces of crap to begin with and any one that says they havent had any problems yet from there's just means the YET part hasn't happened yet or they are one of the random lucky ones that got an odd ball thats not a normal pos that any flight could be its last. These phantom visions are making the ford pinto look like a well designed and safe car.

Mactab said:
Hi guys,
New props and there was no wind on the test flight - I have connected to the software and can see that the gains are set at 125% but how do you change them to 100% as they don't seem to stick when changed and default back to 125.

what is the remedy for this please?

thanks in advance

In the Assistant software, what is the compass MOD value showing as - is it within normal range? You could have a failed compass, too. They are pretty cheap to replace - less than $20.

(Oh and I've never had any flight performance issues subsequent to a firmware upgrade :) )

Mactab said:
Hi Simon,
The compass Mod is around 985 so within limits
Im going to try a couple of things today and will report back

Your compass MOD is LOW - It should be between 1200-1800

Ok Just had some time to do another check. I hit the default button for the gain tab and it now flies steady and true
So confident was I, I firstly did a short mission 3 waypoints about 600ft in total - perfect.
2nd mission at high speed 3400ft total and 4 waypoints.

worrying at first to see it disappear into the distance but it works like a dream.
Thanks for your suggestions all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav