Phantom Vision+ rotates during take off

Reaction score
Whenever I take off by pressing straight up on the left joy stick the phantom spins and rotates until I get to hovering altitude. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it something I'm doing wrong or something I need to calibrate ?

Try calibrating the two control sticks in the PC assistant or the RC assistant. Perhaps that will help. If you continue with throttle up to gain altitude after hovering, does it spin as it is ascending as well? How about throttle down, or anything else weird about the control commands?

Sounds like it's a compass calibration issue and it's trying to figure out which way is north.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I've had an issue with rotation at liftoff also but believe that some of it is caused by not keeping the throttle stick exactly centered during liftoff.
Edit: I noticed that you (the OP) mention pushing "straight up" on the stick so that's probably not your issue.

npalen said:
I've had an issue with rotation at liftoff also but believe that some of it is caused by not keeping the throttle stick exactly centered during liftoff.
Edit: I noticed that you (the OP) mention pushing "straight up" on the stick so that's probably not your issue.
Sometimes I think I pushing straight up , but it's pretty sensitive.

My plus is doing the same thing. I even push up the black part that the silver stick is attached to which should eliminate any left or right movement. I have done both cals. Guess I'll try again. I'll also check if it does it coming down which I think from memory it does. OK off to troubleshoot.

If you are first time flyer you should do an advanced IMU calibration before going out into an open area to calibrate it properly, and always remember to keep keys, phones, dont be near metal if you can help it when you calibrate, and if it still does it then yes hook it up to the assistant and see whats going on.

;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj