Phantom Vision Raspberry PI HD Video/H.264 and NEMA GPS

Reaction score
Just got my Phantom sending the GPS coordinates from the on board GPS module using a microprocessor and a 3dr radio system logging to a Raspberry pi (MySQL) ground station hope to tie it into the 911 GIS/Map soon!
Flytrex is cool asked for the feature they said they would look into it so I figured I would make it happen basically using the same processor of the flytrex less the bro and sd module (will add SD card soon). More info and video to come in the next few days, hope to have it linked to droidplanner soon. Looking into tapping the Visions Servo on the gimbal to work the artificial horizon, DLSRpros has a nice system but if you can make what they sell for a fraction of the cost why not.

Re: Phantom Location via 3dr / HopeRF Modules

Wow, you're making some fast progress on this!

What I'd really like to see is if you can get the GPS data in to a format my existing FrSky telemetry setup can use, in place of adding their sensor with it's own GPS receiver.

Any details on how you built this. Steps to reproduce? What is next or your end goal?

How much does the setup weight?

End goal is to just produce a ready to go kit, wired and plug and play. Still have a few things to work on but its the end of completion is fast approaching.

brizey said:
End goal is to just produce a ready to go kit, wired and plug and play. Still have a few things to work on but its the end of completion is fast approaching.

This is a data logger and data radio? Is the goal to make this a product your going to sell or plans you will open source?

data logging should be easily done on a sd down the road. .actually the ground station does have login capabilities all ready.

brizey said:
data logging should be easily done on a sd down the road. .actually the ground station does have login capabilities all ready.

Do you plan on selling or sharing these wonderful discoveries you have made? If you want to share please PM me I'm very interested!

Looking at selling them right now, due to not having any work! This down time stinks but is gave me time to be creative.

Re: Phantom Vision Raspberry PI H.264 and NEMA GPS

Its been a while but finally got around to working on the Phantom, Camera is been replaced with a Raspberry PI streaming 720p HD video over 2.4ghz to Windows and Linux with latency about 200ms. I don't really care about taking pictures with this one and I sold the camera since I had to wait on getting a replacement for weeks, NAZA GPS Sentences are converted to NEMA and streamed over IP or the 3DR Data Radios depending on the function I am using the Phantom for. More information sometime along with videos. Looking to put a TAROT or some other type gimbal on it using the arduino or IP/3DR radios to control the tilt. Hope to get a 550 or something bigger for a true perch and stare setup that can sit for hours and then come home.

Attachments

• IMG_20140619_201756_758.jpg
    IMG_20140619_201756_758.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 2,052
Have you made any more progress on this? I am very interested. If no; can you post the info on this so that I might build one myself?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj