Phantom vision question

Reaction score
Hi all,

Finally got my phantom 2 vision and loving it but I have a few problems

1. How can I modify the field of view of the gimbal it seem to just do around 30 degrees from up to down.

2. Can the vision take straight down photos?

3. I don't know if this is silly but now that I have the vision am I able to mount a go pro with gimbal? Is this something I can buy or it's a home-brew?

4. Where I mainly going to use it it's a bit windy any tips to avoid crash landings? I have a crash landing so far and lost a propeller.

Thanks for any help

Paco.lira said:
Hi all,

Finally got my phantom 2 vision and loving it but I have a few problems

1. How can I modify the field of view of the gimbal it seem to just do around 30 degrees from up to down.

2. Can the vision take straight down photos?

3. I don't know if this is silly but now that I have the vision am I able to mount a go pro with gimbal? Is this something I can buy or it's a home-brew?

4. Where I mainly going to use it it's a bit windy any tips to avoid crash landings? I have a crash landing so far and lost a propeller.

Thanks for any help

Hello.

1. It should go from horizontal to about 80 degrees or so. You can adjust settings using the Assistant software for the mid-point and the two end-points of travel. Just make sure whatever you set isn't letting the servo grind the thing against the stops.

2. No, not unless you modify the thing (some people have, for example, but some packing under the front of the plate that's screwed to the aircraft, dropping the angle a bit.

3. You can if you want, but you lose the benefit of the FPV, app, radar, telemetry, etc. You would need to do some soldering to get it to work and wouldn't be able to control the gimbal via the app. You could fit one of the new third-party gimbals designed for the Vision camera - www.rotorpixel.com or ww.dronexpert.nl (another not yet released - www.gimbal24.de )

4. If it's very windy you may want to try hand-catching it rather than landing - do it safely though, search these forums for some methods. I wouldn't take it up in anything much over 20mph, though. If you find yourself downwind and low on battery with a long way to come home it could be expensive!

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot.

now is any gimbal as good as another? or one will be better as there are a few out there.

another question

where could i find some interesting mod for the phantom vision i see people even change the color of the LED etc.

and as well i saw someone making a route on google maps and adding it to the drone how is that done?

As to gimbals, well they are all fundamentally the same principle, but there are differences in price, construction, support, firmware, etc. You'll have to do your own research and make your own call on that one!

Have a search on the Vision forum here for mods - people have been extending the range, adding lights, adding a Flytrex (www.flytrex.com), adding GPS tracking devices in case they lose it, putting custom stickers on from http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php the list goes on.

You can't currently add a route from a map. However this has been promised by DJI as an update "soon".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik