Phantom Vision and iPhone

Reaction score
I was just re-reading the Phantom Vision press release. One of the features is full remote camera control via iPhone app. What have they done to prevent the iPhone app from interfering with the control of the Phantom? Obviously we've been warned not to use the WiFi function on the GoPro for fear of interfering with the control of the Phantom?

They are using WiFi for the Phantom Vision to control the camera. What have they changed to prevent interference? Or were the warnings a way to get people to move from GoPro to Vision?

Yea I wondered that myself. In theory the two signals shouldn't cross swords but we all know how theory works outside in the real world.
Maybe they are going to announce that they have achieved a higher level of signal isolation with a new receiver?

Some people seem to fly fine with WiFi enabled and some swear it's the worst mistake you can make. If anything I could see possible issues at longer range when the transmitter signal levels are weakest, the signal from the GoPro WiFi in the Phantom would become the strongest 2.4ghz but still, it shouldn't freak the receiver out.

the Vision+remote will transmit on a 5.8ghz frequency, so, the camera can use regular wifi signals, and connects to a phone.

Sjefkroket said:
the Vision+remote will transmit on a 5.8ghz frequency, so, the camera can use regular wifi signals, and connects to a phone.

Hmmmm, so people who want to move over to a "real" Tx/Rx combo are going to be out of luck. :(

marcus_canada said:
Sjefkroket said:

Hmmmm, so people who want to move over to a "real" Tx/Rx combo are going to be out of luck. :(

People who want to move over to a "real" quad copter and camera system won't bother with the Phantom Vision! :twisted: :lol:

So far they are 4-6 months off production.

Do you really think the specs they are outlining now will be what they release?

DJI is a marketing machine, nothing more.

I wouldn't hold my breath on them even releasing it.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj