Phantom Vision 3axis gimbal by Joakim Krassman

You gotta love homemade, I hope it turns out really well. Looks like the base footprint is really small thus a bit wobbly where it attaches to the Phantom. Interesting he had to help the yaw motor acquire phase lock, maybe needs more gain (else gusts will knock it out & it'll drop out of servolock). Hopefully he'll get it all sorted. Some good flight video would be nice.

iDrone :)

I've got kitchen table envy...

The wider, taller landing gear required again won't fit in my flight case. I would like a narrow form factor within stock legs with only the requirement for clip on extension feet to raise height and a quick camera release.

Mind you I just watched a video of an F550 with a 3 axis gimbal and electric retracts... Drool! I'd live without a case for that... ;)

Aaahhhh kitchen table.. gimbal drop.. kaput... Bad memories.. Nightmare.. rip taco-rc.

Haha! Some subtle digs in there! Not sure why the need for a filter kit counterweight when the weight of everyone's actual filter will be different, and it looks like there's an outside adjustable pitch balance anyway? I'd rather adjust the balance than add more weight.

Shame about the extra wide and extra tall skids for those with pre-cut flight cases. Otherwise it's good to see another competitor in the "quality" end of the market (pre-programmed and calibrated, quality motors, upgrade and future aircraft use potential, etc).

Nice!, Now I'm just waiting for someone to create a Spreading wing version of the landing gear for the vision, that would be sweet for the 3rd axis. C'mon you brilliant minds out there, make it happen....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20