Phantom vision 2 upgrade to 2+ ?

Reaction score
Hi.I am a vision 2 owner.is it possible to upgrade to 2+?
Can I mount a video transmitter on vision ?

loizos said:
Hi.I am a vision 2 owner.is it possible to upgrade to 2+?
Can I mount a video transmitter on vision ?

The Vision video downlink freq is 2.4 ghz... Which is the reverse of the original phantom or phantom2.
So the short answer is it wont work. You'd have both control and video on the same freq. Additionally your phone app would not work, so no telemetry data via cell phone app. You'd esentially be going backwards towards the Phantom 2.

Which is always an option. The only upgrade for the Vision currently, is an aftermarket gimbal. Or purchase a new Vision Plus.

Hi there!
The Phantom Vison and the Phantom Vison Plus use the same frequencies for remote and downlink so it should be really easy and possible to upgrade the Vison with tge Vision Plus gimbal and camera. But I am not sure that DJI gona release an upgrade parts.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't it be simpler to sell your P2V and buy a P2V+, using the proceeds from your P2V as a terrific head start toward the purchase price? My guess is that when / if the camera-gimbal unit is available as a part or an add-on, it will be at lease 599.

DJI has already stated that the P2V is not upgradeable to the P2V+ It's not just the camera and gimbal. At the very least it's also the extender. Considering what DJI is going to charge for the camera and gimbal as spare parts for the P2V+ (consider that the P2V camera alone is around $500), what the entire P2V+ costs and what you can currently get for your P2V... I think it'd make a whole lot more sense to sell yours and buy the newer model... no? IMHO, of course... :D

-slinger

gunslinger said:
DJI has already stated that the P2V is not upgradeable to the P2V+ It's not just the camera and gimbal. At the very least it's also the extender. Considering what DJI is going to charge for the camera and gimbal as spare parts for the P2V+ (consider that the P2V camera alone is around $500), what the entire P2V+ costs and what you can currently get for your P2V... I think it'd make a whole lot more sense to sell yours and buy the newer model... no? IMHO, of course... :D

-slinger
Hey Slinger, Its my understanding the Plus has the Video antenna moved out of the camera and back in the body of the craft...is this correct ?
If so, simply replacing the Vision Camera with the gimbal camera combo from the Plus will not work...is this correct ?
Or is it just a matter of being prohibitively expensive ?

Thanks,

The Rookie

Re: Απ: Phantom vision 2 upgrade to 2+ ?

Ok.thank you.I have pv2 only 10 days...the customer didn't tell me anything about pv2+ :x
So I have to sell it and lose money or buy gimball and spend money .anyone interested to buy it? ;-)

loizos said:
Ok.thank you.I have pv2 only 10 days...the customer didn't tell me anything about pv2+ :x
So I have to sell it and lose money or buy gimball and spend money .anyone interested to buy it? ;-)

You can return "no questions asked" with most retailers within a month. Consider your need for stabilized 3 Axis Video with the Plus, and go for what you want. The Vision and the Plus are very close in terms of model differences. And Visions will continue to see aftermarket solutions to keep it a viable competitor in this niche industry.

RCRookie said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger
Hey Slinger, Its my understanding the Plus has the Video antenna moved out of the camera and back in the body of the craft...is this correct ?
If so, simply replacing the Vision Camera with the gimbal camera combo from the Plus will not work...is this correct ?

Thanks,

The Rookie

Actually I hadn't heard about the antenna being moved into the body. You're one up on me there. :D

I think it's just not going to make any money sense to swap out parts. The antenna move aside... Consider that the FC200 camera costs around $500.00, and DJI's 3 axis gimbal goes for around $450.00... If the pricing of the camera and gimbal for the P2V+ is in anywhere near that ballpark, upgrading stops making sense... :(

-slinger

gunslinger said:
RCRookie said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

Thanks,

The Rookie

Actually I hadn't heard about the antenna being moved into the body. You're one up on me there. :D

I think it's just not going to make any money sense to swap out parts. The antenna move aside... Consider that the FC200 camera costs around $500.00, and DJI's 3 axis gimbal goes for around $450.00... If the pricing of the camera and gimbal for the P2V+ is in anywhere near that ballpark, upgrading stops making sense... :(

-slinger

Thanks Slinger....I could be wrong on the antenna issue...I'm assuming it to be true. It would complicate the matter though.
I believe its the same with the Gopro..you can get the 4.3 ghz feed from the Gopro..but not through the intended app. A video transmitter (IOS) is required. Which pretty much makes the whole phone/tablet app pointless.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

And here come the answer from dji Europe :

" Dear Sir,

Sorry, but there is no upgrading possible for the Phantom 2 Vision to the Phantom 2 Vision+.

--
Best regards,

Gabriele Schmitt

DJI GmbH
Im Birkenfeld 2
97795 Schondra
Germany"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads