Phantom Vision 2 + has altitude stability problem below 200 ft

Reaction score
I've got a case of the altitude stability blues. Above 200 feet it works perfectly in GPS mode. Flies missions perfectly. Landing it is an adventure. It randomly changes altitude about 20 feet. I have to catch it to avoid a hard landing. I have calibrated everything. And I know these things inside and out. I've fixed about 4 of them. The fact that it acts differently above 200 makes it seem like the throttle cutoff activation is somehow in the mix. I'd blame it on the Naza IMU or compass but it's perfect above 200. I noticed something in the V 1.2 RC assistant software. There is no response from the X1 stick input. A "U" stick changes instead. That version of software also allows you to assign channels to the sticks.

I had a hard landing with it two flights ago but there have been trouble free flights since then.

OK. Well. Let me rephrase. Has anyone had non-toilet-bowl instability mainly characterized by vertical movements up and down of about 10 feet? At any height?

Crickets... a dog barking in the distance.
If it helps, I've never heard of it.

Yes i had a hard landing from a surprise battery drop off due to in attention when i was doing some action filming jet skis over a lake. Got it back to shore but it flicked over to return home possibly due to low battery which was scary because on my settings it ascends to 100 meters which is not what you want to happen when your battery is rapidly dropping off. Anyway i manged to get back in control of it but wasn't able to get it down in time before it was critically depleted. It came down a bit tough but nothing major on sand and landed upright and only dropped rapid in the last few feet but not free fall. Anyway since that it hasn't flown as rock solid stable ever again. I got to be on the sticks because it wanders but more concerning is it has started to yoyo a bit with altitude too. Particularly close to the ground which isn't what you want when landing. I have reset and re calibrated everything multiple times but nothing seems to be setting it right. Am hoping someone might know what could be causing this because it is useless to me as it is.

OK. Well. Let me rephrase. Has anyone had non-toilet-bowl instability mainly characterized by vertical movements up and down of about 10 feet? At any height?
If you have vertical stability issues that vary depending on altitude I'd suspect the barometric pressure sensor, which is part of the NAZA. It might be giving bad readings only at some altitudes causing the vertical movements you're seeing below 200 feet.

I don't believe there is any way to calibrate the barometer and assume the NAZA would have to be replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers