Phantom, version number, and amazon exchange?

Reaction score
I just got a phantom for Christmas from my wife. She ordered it through Amazon it appears to have been sold by Hobby Toy Store and fulfilled by Amazon. Here is a link to the product page:

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Aeria ... S8WK8TSYHL

I am just learning about these sweet devices and while reading various posts, it appears that the newest version is v1.1.1 but that some people have received older versions.

I have looked all over the box and there is no version number listed. However, I can't find a gimbal switch on the transmitter, which makes me think it's an older version.

Does anyone know how I can verify exactly what version it is and then, if older, what options I might have?

Thanks a ton in advance!
Bill

One would be look on the TX should be a ver. #
The 1.1.1 has dual antennas , inside the battery door on the RX you will see a bind button , the TX has the gimbal lever on the back with centering sticks ,and of corse the self tightening props .
Sounds like you got a older version but with the numbers that DJI puts out they are very screwy and most think the higher the number the newer it is so they might have thought it was a newer version .
Then i've read people get some of the newer features and its labeled 1.1.1 sounds like DJI added some of the 1.1.1 things just to get rid of older stock who knows WTF is going on I don't think they know ether .
I was getting parts for my blade CP pro at the local hobby shop few months ago and they had a phantom out started asking about it they said all they had was the 1.2 and said they got a few back because of fly aways so I opted to get one online I got mine off amazon couple months ago sold by Koozam and is 1.1.1 .
Got a couple of blades for sell :lol: JK

I just received my Phantom from Amazon and can confirm that it is indeed the 1.1.1 version with dual antennas, tilt lever, Self Tightening Props etc..
Just look directly under the Phantom body for the version # It was also labeled ver. 1.1.1 on a sticker on the outside of my box.
I was relieved to see that Amazon is shipping the 1.1.1

Mine is def an older version: single antenna, silver nuts on props ( not self tightening), and no gamble switch.

I think I am going to return it and order another that is sold by and fulfilled by amazon.

The seller I got mine from is out of stock I just looked for you KooZam was the seller shipped by amazon .
The only one I see now is listed as newest version but V1.2 is the listing and that is not the newest version .
To be truthful I have been looking at the phantom 2 with zenmuse just because of the bigger battery (longer flight times) and ability for a ground station . I just need to do some more research and see how these guys like it and any problems they are having It will be a trade off I will get rid of a couple of my other copters because I have not even looked at them since I got the phantom . I will keep the 1.1.1 .

Bunger: Look at the label on the bottom of both the Phantom and the Transmitter. Look for the Serial Number label and right after the serial number, they have the version number printed there.

No version number is listed on the drone itself or on the transmitter. I have already ordered one that is sold and fulfilled by amazon, which should arrive tomorrow and will hopefully be v1.1.1. I will send this one back...

So, no version number on the stickers on the bottom of the Phantom? Also, just noticed that on the Model Number the V1.2 P330 and the V1.1.1 is P330D.

Attachments

• V1-1-1.jpg
    V1-1-1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,351
  • v1-2.jpg
    v1-2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,306
Bunger,
sounds like you have one of the very first versions of the Phantom. I bought mine back in May, and I too do not have a version number listed anywhere just like you have seen on yours.

Grrrr... I just got the new one sold by amazon and it is marked v1.1. It is model p330D, has 2 antennas, but no gimbal switch in the Tx.

I should also add that the prop nuts are 2 silver and 2 black...

Not sure what to do at this point....

Bunger said:
Grrrr... I just got the new one sold by amazon and it is marked v1.1. It is model p330D, has 2 antennas, but no gimbal switch in the Tx.

I should also add that the prop nuts are 2 silver and 2 black...

Not sure what to do at this point....

I'm curious, what Model does it show on the back of the transmitter? Mine with the Gimbal Lever says DJ6.

If you want confusion, I have it for you. I got my Phantom back in October from Atlanta hobby. It has two antenna, black and silver nuts, self centering levers, no gimbal lever, and is labeled on the transmitter as V1.3. The label on the Phantom itself, is also marked as V1.3. Now, since they seem to go backwards with the upgrade numbers, but started with 1.2, where does the 1.3 fit in?

At this point I am not sure if I am going to just keep it or return and order a confirmed 1.1.1 from dronefly (everyone else is out of stock except for b&h and they show it as v1.1)

If you go back to my post you got one of the ones that they added some things but not all . Amazon has been out of the real 1.1.1 for couple weeks . If you just wate I bet they will get fresh stock but you have to order from a dealer and shipped by amazon . As far as drone fly I have been reading nothing real good about them do a search on them and make your own decision befor you drop another $500 tried to save you last post too .
Good luck !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20