Phantom Unbalanced or won't hover new landing gear

Reaction score
So take a look at the images I have attached. I got this landing gear off of ebay today and it looks sweet. I really like it because I can push the landing tubes back so they are not in the frame. I don't know if thats what is making it screwy, but its not hovering like it was the last time I flew it. Look where I mounted the compass, would that effect it. I did a compass calibration and it is flashing green on GPS mode. I don't have a PC so don't wanna mess with the whole naza calibration thing. Should I calibrate the TX? Would that solve the issue? any help would be awesome.

IMG_5163.jpeg

IMG_1901.jpeg

Compass must be mounted in exactly the same orientation as on the original landing gear or it won't hover.

As long as it is very secure, tape should be.. OK. Personally, I would find a more reliable solution. The performance of the craft (the hover in particular) depends heavily on accurate alignment of the compass with the NAZA so you don't want it slipping. See the thread below - my problem ended up just being the compass was installed on the wrong leg but it had profound impact on the behavior (originally thought to be a firmware issue).

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=662

Thanks for the pointers. I just cut the old stock leg and attached the compass to that. Think it will be all good now. Hopefully it flies good today!

IMG_4180-2.jpeg

How did that work with the old leg does it stay straight with only half of it? I`m looking at the same landing gear

supertrooper said:
Thanks for the pointers. I just cut the old stock leg and attached the compass to that. Think it will be all good now. Hopefully it flies good today!

IMG_4180-2.jpeg

That's actually a nice idea !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20