Phantom TX parts on a Futaba T8J

Ksc

Reaction score
I bought another Phantom TX and would like to gut it and use the auto centering springs in the T8J. Has anyone done this? Is it possible? Has anyone added auto centering springs to their Futaba and also added them to their Phantom TX? If so, were they the same thing? Hoping to get a confirmation here before I crack them both open only to discover that it doesn't work and I've somehow messed up both units.

Ksc said:
I bought another Phantom TX and would like to gut it and use the auto centering springs in the T8J. Has anyone done this? Is it possible? Has anyone added auto centering springs to their Futaba and also added them to their Phantom TX? If so, were they the same thing? Hoping to get a confirmation here before I crack them both open only to discover that it doesn't work and I've somehow messed up both units.

Where are you based?

If you are in the UK you can convert your T8J in 2 minutes for zero cost (it takes longer to undo the screws and take the back off than it does to do the mod!)
If you are in the US then you can get the parts from Futaba for free (or very little cost).

I just ordered the spring kit. It may be a while before I get it. Here's part of the email from Futaba support:

"Due to the very high increase in demand for these "conversion kits" for radio sticks, we can no longer send these out at no charge.
You can order a "package" through us to convert your transmitter, but there is now a charge for this.
You will need part number:
HSP00501 GIMBAL CENTER SET B $ 2.99
However, some of the parts are on back order and we do not have tentative arrival date. It could be a couple months until we have them.
Any prices provided are Manufacturers Suggested Retail Pricing only. You can order that through us at 217-398-8970 option 2. There is a $2.99 shipping and handling charge. Or, you can order it through a local hobby store and not pay shipping. They will have to call their sales rep at Great Planes Distributing and order it over the phone."

I got the same message. I was told not to expect them this year. I'm in the US but would like to know how to convert it for free, UK style.

the Phantom Tx and Futaba Tx are made by two different companies, so the parts are not interchangeable.

Interesting to hear that they're now charging (and backordered) on the center-sprung kits.
. of course I think many were surprised they were sending them out free in the first place, that's a rarity.

I prefer to fly the old fashioned way,since that's how I learned, with my throttle set ratcheted as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1