Phantom to Cabo San Lucas Mexico?

Reaction score
Taking a trip on March 3rd from NC to Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Wondering what the situation would be on taking my p3? I have the DJI hard backpack and would carry it on. Not sure on the current 2016 rules of bringing it and operating it. Hopefully some can help.
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Taking a trip on March 3rd from NC to Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Wondering what the situation would be on taking my p3? I have the DJI hard backpack and would carry it on. Not sure on the current 2016 rules of bringing it and operating it. Hopefully some can help.
Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've not flown commercial into Mexico for years so I can't answer that part, but did drive into Baja California to Bahia Magdalena via Bahia de los Angeles with my P2 and had no problems flying it or with the military check points. A couple of the PROFEPA guys loved the technology and wished they could use it. I'd say just fly with respect and you should be good. But, as always and sadly as a tourist in Mexico, be prepared for la mordida or some intense questions.

You could also ask your question on the Baja Nomads forum: BajaNomad - Powered by XMB. Full of up-to-date Baja info from recent travellers to long-time residents...

Cabo 2016 Whale watching; I had only been flying a couple months at this time. Mexico has the same drone laws. Federales and local cops watched me fly.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers