Phantom Throttle Balancing

Reaction score
I have been having problems lately with the throttle not holding center even in GPS mode. I am using the Futaba F8J controller, but feel it could be a balancing issue, either in NAZA or manually.

When flying, I can stabilize the quad, but the it will drift up or down depending on the throttle position. Keeping it centered requires counteracting up or down, whereas before it would stay centered much easier.
I calibrated the sticks in NAZA and all looked good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

calipilot said:
So the aftermarket radio can never replicate the same controls as the stock DJI radio?

I didn't say that. There are provisions for adapting the NAZA firmware to 3rd party equipment. The point is, adjustment/calibration/tweaking, etc will be necessary if you do that, which I suspect is what you're experiencing now.

The OEM transmitter is purpose-built and comes optimized for the Phantom.

Racklefratz said:
calipilot said:
So the aftermarket radio can never replicate the same controls as the stock DJI radio?

I didn't say that. There are provisions for adapting the NAZA firmware to 3rd party equipment. The point is, adjustment/calibration/tweaking, etc will be necessary if you do that, which I suspect is what you're experiencing now.

The OEM transmitter is purpose-built and comes optimized for the Phantom.

That's some false information there.

The Phantom TX is nothing more than an inexpensive basic transmitter that connects up to the NAZA, nothing more and nothing fancy. Each stick generates a signal between -1000 to +1000
and that's exactly what fancier transmitters do, only they have more options and switches and dials for altering those signals further.
But the core operation is nearly identical. - and the Phantom should fly the same.

not sure why the OP is having trouble staying level, . sometimes it's a bit tougher with heavier Phantoms to stay at the same level if a gimbal was added tho.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20