Phantom Terminator Linear Antenna?

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this new antenna from Horizon FPV?

Phantom Terminator Linear kit

newhorizonantenna.png

What are the performance results?

Why can't we make them parabolic?

What are the performance results?

Why can't we make them parabolic?

Patch antennas are already highly directional. That is how they obtain 14dBi.

Parabolas are used for reflectors not active elements.

I have tried to study this but I still can't figure out how, like exactly, the linear signal leaves the patch antenna. It would be great if somebody could explain it. I don't just mean this patch antenna, I mean any patch antenna.

Nice but how is this better than the DBS mod?
For starters, they're claiming a ten mile range unamped.

Also, a lot of these world class long range pilots are seen holding these large panel antennas with their controller. So that's a clue that they know something most of us don't.

Nice but how is this better than the DBS mod?
Looks very similar to the antenna used in this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
It is basically that same antenna as Unknown used in his unboosted 9.2 run and is different than the DBS in that its a dual 14 dBs gain antenna that "should work well the way they are spaced apart. Now us real users know that the bat mods that came from Horizon recently were NOT insane as they claimed and were tested by the same flyer, with all due respect! I dont know of this will be available when they say but I should have my hands on one of the first ones in coming days/weeks to test and will let you guys know on this here post since its already started what my "real world results are" unboosted and boosted with p3a/p & standard. Maybe even p2v+ just for kicks[emoji41]

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Yeah I'll probably throw in for one of these as well.

But I'll let DB be the guinea pig first. :grinning:

Edit: I just realized - that guy Keith in the vid is Unknown, isnt he?

I guess he needs a new name. :p

I'll definitely let you know how goes when I get it and put some numbers behind it. Unknown is a good guy doing some amazing stuff and if that panel puts a signal out there like I think it will I'm looking forward to it.

I'll definitely let you know how goes when I get it and put some numbers behind it. Unknown is a good guy doing some amazing stuff and if that panel puts a signal out there like I think it will I'm looking forward to it.

Great! Definitely keep us in the loop on this one. I, myself, am interested in this and a battery mod...even though, I'm not much of a long-distance flyer. I like the "stronger, unboosted-type" systems to get me through wifi-congested areas that I fly in. And the battery mod...well, I'd love to be able to fly longer without having to swap batteries often.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461774296.939997.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461774306.589811.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461774317.172616.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1461774328.573211.jpg

Well its here! Its raining today so no flights! I may box this up and send it back before I even test it! They just put on there site this morning a bigger version! Dont you hate when that happens[emoji41]

View attachment 51881View attachment 51882View attachment 51883View attachment 51884
Well its here! Its raining today so no flights! I may box this up and send it back before I even test it! They just put on there site this morning a bigger version! Dont you hate when that happens[emoji41]

Looking good there db, you got some cake to go with that:).
Lol bigger version interesting, there coming out faster than I can read up about them is this the terminator 2 I vaguely remember coming across something?
I think it maybe 2 19db panels

Thats it, prob gonna need a tripod w/ that one[emoji41]

So I gather from your pic that both panels are 2.4ghz what would you use along side that for the standard?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic