Phantom stuck in 10m tree

Reaction score
Kite string tied to a 5 oz. lead fishing sinker. Throw up onto and over the branch, or an adjacent branch. Use it to haul up a sturdier rope, like a clothesline. Tug on the rope to shake the **** out of the tree branch. Try and catch the Phantom when it falls.

I've recovered many a model plane that way.

PF

Can you climb within about 15' of it? Get one of those telescoping poles they use for paint rollers or swimming pool cleaning, and put a hook on the end. They reach 15' to 18'.

If I thought I could climb most of the way, that is what I would try. You can fashion a long pole with a hook. Tie a cord to it, and leave the pole on the ground and take the end of the cord with you as you (or someone) climbs the tree. When you get as high as you can safely go, tie yourself into the tree, drag up the pole, and hook that baby out of there. You can use the cord to lower it to the ground to keep your hands free for your descent.

See all the adventure the Phantom brings to your life! Good luck.

Great lesson learned for me here! I think as soon as I find the perfect case for my p2v, I'll be adding some fishing line, a sinker or two, and keeping some rope in my car. Glad you got it down before the rain.

Rich

Khakis1999 said:
Thanks mates. The string and sinker did the trick. Luckily
Too, it's gunna rain like hell here tonight

It's an old, but effective means of getting stuff out of trees. Glad you got it back, and glad I could help!!!
Well done!

PF

This has been a fear of mine and glad to see a solution that works. Only problem here is that most of the trees here seem higher than 40ft. some look to be 60 or 80.

Spud guns. Gotta luv 'em. Lol!!!

PF

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl