Phantom Storage

Reaction score
Is it ok to store my Phantom 3 Standard and remote in my shop where the temps may be below freezing?

The data I've seen says to expect between a 10% and 40% degredation if you freeze a fully-charged lithium battery then bring it back to normal operating temps (room temp). However, the same articles say any permanent damage is slight (1-3%). Just make sure you charge it, and use it, when it's at room temperature!

The data I've seen says to expect between a 10% and 40% degredation if you freeze a fully-charged lithium battery then bring it back to normal operating temps (room temp). However, the same articles say any permanent damage is slight (1-3%). Just make sure you charge it, and use it, when it's at room temperature!
Would be interested if you might share the source of these articles. If by freezing you are referring to water (i.e 0deg C) this won’t present a problem for liION chemistry, In fact -20 and below discharge at low rates is fine. Permanent damage will likely occur when charging is attempted at low temps, usually due to lithium plating of the anode which is irreversible. Greatest degradation occurs when stored at higher temps at close to full terminal voltage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik