Phantom shakes while descending

Reaction score
Everything is fine when it takes off, climbs, moves forward, backward, to the left or to the right. Or even when it keeps the altitude. The problem appears when Phantom descends. It start to shake even if there is no wind at all. Tried different times and got the same affect every time. Upgraded to the last firmware.... Any ideas?

You need to be in forward or reverse motion while descending. You are hitting the prop wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shaking seems to be the Phantom trying to stabilize its self. Like what was stated, forward or reverse motion helps.
when the wind is blowing, it is even worse.

Tom in SC

Propwash most certainly. If you need to come down quickly try flying it down in a spiral, better than cutting the throttle and letting it fall through its own disturbed air.

Thank you for your advises. It seems that moving forward (or backward) solves the problem (by, let say, 60%). But I have another issue: tried to make the IMU advanced calibration for the very first time (just for peace of mind) and now my Phantom blinks yellow light for 4 times and nothing happens. I have found some topics here and it seems that I should do the advanced calibration again. The problem is that the advanced calibration should take from 5 to 15 minutes but this is the fourth time I try and it never ends..

Bug in the software.

Start advanced. Half way it may give you info message. Unplug the battery to the phantom. Wait a min or so then plug back in. Let the update complete. Unplug the USB and see if yellow goes away. Should get a check symbol on the calibration meter.
You may have to do this several times. Once the yellow goes away. Don't do it again.

Do a compass calibration before you fly.

I just keep trying to make an advanced calibration. But it seems that there is a bug in the software, as mentioned by edunwody. So the problem still persist.

Stop! Your getting frustrated.

Stand by.

Reboot computer.

Once up. Turn tx on

Get solid red on tx

Power up phantom

Plug in USB to computer.

Launch software.

Once software us up go to tools.

Wait a min until the IMU tab in the center right under the basic advance tabs highlights. Click on that and see what it says.

More to follow

What did the IMU say?

Go no further until I get answer!

If your IMU is highlights the software is seeing it.
Do basic calibration.

Stop!

Now, go to advance and let it run.

Stop!

Do you get a message or a check mark?

Stop!

Standing by for your reply.

"Reboot computer.
Once up. Turn tx on
Get solid red on tx
Power up phantom
Plug in USB to computer.
Launch software."

Done.
Now, the first thing that I see (without touching anything) is the message "Please click the advance calibration to calibrate the IMU"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31