Phantom says its moving when sitting on a table

Reaction score
So I have been having problems with my gimbal roll and gps/imu since the firmware update. I did a proper cold IMU calibration, and compass calibration. As it is sitting on the table right in front of me it said it had a horizontal speed of .2 mph and the distance was increasing slowly. I recalibrated my IMU again, and while now it says there is no horizontal speed, The distance still kept increasing by .1-.2 every second, with pauses. After about a minute it was around 14 feet I think. I'm scared to fly it, because I think thats a sign something is messed up.

What could it possibly be? Could a small crash have knocked something around in my compass or IMU? Could I check that myself? Is it likely the firmware? Should I try flying it and record it to see what happens?

It calculates distance and speed from GPS and indoors this is likely to be unreliable.
Before you worry about it, try it outdoors with good satellite coverage and see how it goes.

Yeah test it when it's hovering about head high and let the GPS and compass work outdoors. Indoors, who knows...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Try redoing the IMU immediately when powered on. Have the Pilot app sitting on that screen.

If that fails, read below:
Your IMU Is stuck. The gyro/accelerometer is off whack and thinks its moving. This normally happens after a crash.

There was a youtube clip on tapping the NAZA (phantom 2 series) on the corner to fix.
There is also information on this forum about "smacking the P3" in appropriate places to teach the IMU values.

And re: YolevonALLin, this probably explains why your camera dances. The IMU speaks to the gimbal and if your IMU is skitz, then your camera goes skitz. Have you tried the tap method??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20