Phantom prop guards

Reaction score
I ordered Phantom prop guards. But now I am starting to doubt if there is a difference in Phantom 1 and 2 prop guards (the site where I ordered it said just Phantom Prop guards).

See picture, are these right for a Phantom 2?

And does flying with guards influence the way it handles? Who on this forum have fly with them? Or is it the minority?

Attachments

• phantompropguard1.jpg
    phantompropguard1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 427
I think I found myself the answer....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibPTb5GJRWA[/youtube]

Prop guards seem to cause problems with stability for many users including me. I got them and after 1 flight took them off and chucked them out. Un needed and If u are new just don't fly in tight spaces and u will be fine. Learn to fly and then go tight spaces. Even then not easy lol

There are different sizes for 8" and 9" props. I think for most people, prop guards are at best low altitude/speed "training wheels" and are meant to be ditched once you reach a minimum level of comfort controlling the quad. They do have a noticeably negative impact on flight time and handling.

The only thing I would point out is that the prop guards saved the quadcopter. There is nothing to suggest that the prop guards caused the instability, as flight up until that point seems quite poorly controlled in any case.

I always fly with them, as it means I can see which way it is pointing (Front ones pointed day glow red) and it can save people from injury as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik