Phantom Problem

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the site, purchased my Phantom 5 weeks ago and recently I am getting problems calibrating it. when I flick the GPS / ATTI switch 6 - 10 times it wont turn to a constant yellow colour (just stays flashing green. I have checked over youtube videos a number of times and think im doing everything right. any help ?? am I doing something wrong ??

I'm pretty sure DJI has fu@ked up the firmware again. I plugged mine in yesterday, and now it thinks there is no GPS.
I get no readings from the compass either.
It would be nice if they could get their collective **** together.

Just reading down through a few of the problems, My Phantom came already assembled (apart from the blades), I took it out of the box and flew it after charging the battery. I have never actually plugged it into the computer (could this be where my problem lies??) If yes can someone post the direct link for the download and explain what I need to do

pdpdoyle said:
Hi guys, new to the site, purchased my Phantom 5 weeks ago and recently I am getting problems calibrating it. when I flick the GPS / ATTI switch 6 - 10 times it wont turn to a constant yellow colour (just stays flashing green. I have checked over youtube videos a number of times and think im doing everything right. any help ?? am I doing something wrong ??

This same issue has been ongoing for me since about 2 or 3 firmware updates ago. I can make it go into this calibration mode but you have to make sure you click the toggle back quickly and between 6-10 times. It's a little annoying but if that's all I have to deal with compared to what others are dealing, I'm good to go at this time. I'm on my 87th successful flight and I just recently upgraded my motors with the T-Motor Anti-Gravity 2214. Nice!!!

pdpdoyle said:
Just reading down through a few of the problems, My Phantom came already assembled (apart from the blades), I took it out of the box and flew it after charging the battery. I have never actually plugged it into the computer (could this be where my problem lies??) If yes can someone post the direct link for the download and explain what I need to do

http://www.dji-innovations.com/tutorial/phantom-tutorial/
watch ALL the videos

Try and make sure you finish on atti mode after the quick flicks from gps to atti. I think in earlier firmwares it went to calibration mode even if you stopped on gps mode but the last few versions I have had to stop on atti mode to get to compass calibration.

martcerv said:
Try and make sure you finish on atti mode after the quick flicks from gps to atti. I think in earlier firmwares it went to calibration mode even if you stopped on gps mode but the last few versions I have had to stop on atti mode to get to compass calibration.

Many thanks Martcerv, that seem to do the trick. Also gave in an plugged it into the computer to calibrate and it told me to calibrate the transmitter which I did but now the throttle doesn't kick in properly until I have it pushed up over half way. This means the copter lifts straight away instead of me raising the throttle gradually. Anyone any ideas to get it back to normal?

pdpdoyle said:
martcerv said:

Many thanks Martcerv, that seem to do the trick. Also gave in an plugged it into the computer to calibrate and it told me to calibrate the transmitter which I did but now the throttle doesn't kick in properly until I have it pushed up over half way. This means the copter lifts straight away instead of me raising the throttle gradually. Anyone any ideas to get it back to normal?

Its a part of the new firmware, I had the same problem and I crashed taking off. I'm not sure if anyone has found a way around it as yet

The taking off at mid stick is called auto take off, which take a little to get used to. The new Phantom TX will have the throttle spring built-in, so many try to convert or modify old TX for the same reason. This idea is for most of the Phantom users who prefer to fly it LEVEL, so with this new setup even if your throttle is off center,(in fcat you need to have your throttle stick down to 5-10% for the Phantom to descend) the Phantom will still keep the altitude the same. The only way to go back is reinstall the older version.

tanasit said:
The taking off at mid stick is called auto take off, which take a little to get used to. The new Phantom TX will have the throttle spring built-in, so many try to convert or modify old TX for the same reason. This idea is for most of the Phantom users who prefer to fly it LEVEL, so with this new setup even if your throttle is off center,(in fcat you need to have your throttle stick down to 5-10% for the Phantom to descend) the Phantom will still keep the altitude the same. The only way to go back is reinstall the older version.

Tanasit, many thanks for your explanation, Im just going to try get used to it this was, taught I did something wrong when calibrating it but now I know I didn't, thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20