Phantom Pro Plus stock

Reaction score
:)

Hello all new to the board here ( but not new to forums or tech ;) ) also a hobbyist photographer using a Nikon full frame cameras and several different style lenses for landscape photos.

Newbie though getting into the world of sUAS and currently studying the Part 107 also for both knowledge and certification. Was looking to purchase a Phantom Pro Plus and the local Best Buy location by me all have them out of stock and back ordered. Prompted me to make a call to them and they stated that they are currently out of stock and its labeled as back ordered from manufacturer and they weren't expecting any stock to come in till some time in march. I've seen several remarks commenting on the Phantom 4 being discontinued upon reading a few articles it seems only the base P4 is gone , P4 and Plus should still in production. Anyone have any other input on this or have seen this stock issue dwindling on the Plus ?

1eumnn.png

Also input as to WHY i was looking to get the plus is because my current family of mobile devices are all Android based phones and my device is Google Pixel XL. I've read a ton of article about the sheer lack of android support and pretty much the complete lack of support for the pixel i didn't want to worry about mobile device usage. By getting the Pro Plus it eliminates my need for that. I was originally looking at the Yuneec brand but i was curious about getting into survey imaging and Yuneec brand didn't seem very compatible with alot of the different survey apps and software.

The above message has been discussed in a few threads already. Nobody in those threads was able to confirm whether or not this message came from DJI.

As for the P4P+, DJI is actively shipping them out from the DJI Store here. You can also find many authorized DJI dealers here on Amazon that have stock. If you place an order from a seller that does not have stock, you might be waiting a bit.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I've seen several remarks commenting on the Phantom 4 being discontinued upon reading a few articles it seems only the base P4 is gone , P4 and Plus should still in production.
Anyone have any other input on this or have seen this stock issue dwindling on the Plus ?
That report is over a month old and still there has been nothing to confirm it is genuine.
DJI are still selling the 4 and the report may be a hoax.
But whether it's genuine or not, makes no difference to the P4 pro (and +) which are different machines and have only been available for the last 3 months so won't be discontinued any time soon.

If you bought a P4 and it was discontinued, yours would still fly just as well and be supported by DJI for some time to come.
You can still get support and parts for P2s and P3s even though they have been discontinued.
I was originally looking at the Yuneec brand but i was curious about getting into survey imaging and Yuneec brand didn't seem very compatible with a lot of the different survey apps and software.
If you are interested in aerial survey, the P4 pro+ is probably not the ideal machine for you.
So far DJI have not allowed it to run any 3rd party apps like Dronedeploy, data mapper etc.
The P4 pro would be the drone of choice for that use and you'd find that a 7 or 8 inch tablet is a lot better than a phone for serious use.
The Nvidia Shield K1 is a cost effective Android tablet that offers superb performance.

Yuneec don't make anything suitable for this kind of work and their technology is two generations behind the P4 pro.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I thought about the android alternatives but after seeing so many issues with the Android OS I figured going with the Plus would be a more solid route. Didn't realize that DJI doesn't support Drone deploy for the Plus . May have to take that in consideration with using the Nvidia Shield . They don't have the same issues with that like the other Androids ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

I thought about the android alternatives but after seeing so many issues with the Android OS I figured going with the Plus would be a more solid route. Didn't realize that DJI doesn't support Drone deploy for the Plus . May have to take that in consideration with using the Nvidia Shield . They don't have the same issues with that like the other Androids ?
The Go app is very demanding and won't run properly on just any Android device.
If the device has the power to run it, you'll have no problem.
But if you try to run it on a tablet without appropriate resources, .... that's where the issues you've read of come from.

I suggest you forget about the P4P+, it's got display issues, which has been written about in this forum. Get the P4P and use an iPad or nVidia shield k1. This spring you may want to buy the new 7.8" crystal sky display that's coming out, also very bright. That option isn't compatible with the P4P+.

Reactions: Sith77

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20