Phantom Plus camera won't level

Reaction score
The camera will not level. It has about a 7 degree tilt and will not level out. The gimbal is functioning and makes adjustments when the drone pitches but when it goes back to neutral the camera won't level and keeps a 7 degree tilt.

Any ideas?

Which way? As in the horizon is off? Then that is a normal production flaw. Many, if not all, have that issue.

If the phantom has had a slight bump or 2 then the horizon-roll axis may me be off. This then causes all the remaining axis to misalign every time it tries to level out. Fix asap before it starts doing the gimbal dance therefore up tearing the poorly designed flimsy ribbon cable.

You need to realign the flat part of D in the press shaft.
Do an Advance IMU calibration when you think you have found the level and then apply some wicker 290 Loctite to prevent slippage from the poorly designed pressed-shaft. And do the IMU calibration when the phantom is cold. It should only take 2 minutes and wait for the green tick.

Further details as per below..

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20514

It is the horizontal that is off. As far as locking it in place with the power still on, that hasn't happened. I make sure that it is powered down before securing the camera. I did, however!, buy an aftermarket lens lock that uses one of the legs too anchor to. It doesn't appear that it puts any stress on the camera though.

Why does DJI allow the gimbal to be adjusted with a vision 2+? I have a 2 degree tilt that drives me nuts. It is too small to see any problem with the shaft alignment which I have tried to adjust but it is really locked in tight so I don't think it has moved at all since it was produced. If we could adjust the gimbal in the settings a number of us would have our problem solved.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.