Phantom Phails, Crashes, Lessons Learned

Reaction score
I've had my DJI Phantom for just over a month now. The number of times I've crashed it is staggering! Certainly it's been a learning experience as I've had some near misses, some close calls, and some all out epic fails! Enjoy my learning pains, and for those of you who have crashed your prized Phantom before, cringe with me each time I make a hard landing and the GoPro goes flying off in every direction. To date I've broken three prop guards, two props, lost one of the four rubber balls from the anti-jello mount and pretty much covered the thing in grass stains, red rock dust and dirt.

The most amazing thing? After all that it still flies like a champ! I've become too accustomed to crashing this thing and I know one day soon my luck will run out. Until then I'm enjoying every minute of my new favorite hobby!

Check it out: http://youtu.be/GzAzEOT0eis

You guys are awesome! Thanks for having a laugh with me. And thanks for letting me know I'm not alone ;) One thing's for sure, I absolutely love doing this. Definitely just need to keep practicing :D

I was lucky that a friend of mine who has money allowed me to take his Phantom home a few times to fly around. Once I got comfortable flying his (and crashing it) I purchased a new one for myself...hehe

brandon your the jackass of the PHANTOMPILOTS......lol

I crashed once..that was enough..im pretty careful now not to fly it too close to anything i can crash with....lol

horne47789 said:
Great video - my head was in my hands when I saw that battery door !

I crack up AND get a pit in my stomach every time I watch that battery fail!

abacus01 said:
brandon your the jackass of the PHANTOMPILOTS......lol

Haha, well I don't know how I feel about that but I guess at this point it's well deserved :p

I've been sitting here laughing my balls off...the repeat scenes of the battery hanging out really crack me up!!! oh, jesus, that is funny!

Haha, thanks everybody. Definitely gives me a good laugh every time. Although at the time of each crash I was pretty sure I was going to throw up! :lol:

You suck at flying that thing, that's for sure! :D Thanks for sharing!

I've flown mine 16 times, no crashes.

When I come in for a landing, I let it hover a few feet off the ground before landing.

And I tend to fly OVER obstacles, not INTO them!

Mine has tipped over a few times when taking off or landing, but my prop guards have saved my props.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik