Phantom Paint

Reaction score
f45a7369516f4e2c0c420e8206266725.jpg

How difficult is it to paint a phantom 3a? Just a heads up I have never taken apart an rc anything before lol. I want to paint my phantom in the liquid blue that's on the new ford gt eventually but I am also concerned about warranty issues and something going wrong with the electronics after opening and reassembling.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
That looks great. Your link doesn't seem to be working. Can it also give a metallic look?

f45a7369516f4e2c0c420e8206266725.jpg

How difficult is it to paint a phantom 3a? Just a heads up I have never taken apart an rc anything before lol. I want to paint my phantom in the liquid blue that's on the new ford gt eventually but I am also concerned about warranty issues and something going wrong with the electronics after opening and reassembling.

For good painting you need to separate out the shells first and that's a little skilled task if you have not done it before.

Masking the entire P3 is not easy. Hand brush painting will not give good finish. There are stickers available for P3 shell but that's a quick reversible solution, some like others don't. There are third parties are ready to do your job.

Reactions: Bull94
For good painting you need to separate out the shells first and that's a little skilled task if you have not done it before.

Masking the entire P3 is not easy. Hand brush painting will not give good finish. There are stickers available for P3 shell but that's a quick reversible solution, some like others don't. There are third parties are ready to do your job.

I have never taken it apart before. Do you reccomend against it? I keep my phantom in a travel case and the stickers would peel.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have never taken it apart before. Do you reccomend against it? I keep my phantom in a travel case and the stickers would peel.

I don't know your skill level, I suggest you to search and view YouTube videos to replace shells for Phantom 3 and judge if you can do it.

One such series of 6 videos are shown here:

I don't know your skill level, I suggest you to search and view YouTube videos to replace shells for Phantom 3 and judge if you can do it.

One such series of 6 videos are shown here:

Thank you for the video. I couldn't find any take down vids of a phantom 3.

Here's mine and yes it's doable mine is ppg automobile paint. This is one of mine the other one is coming back soon to be the new corvette metallic orange

Attachments

• 1462299983038.jpg
    1462299983038.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 514
  • 1462300002320.jpg
    1462300002320.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 502
  • 1462300022951.jpg
    1462300022951.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 534
Here's mine and yes it's doable mine is ppg automobile paint. This is one of mine the other one is coming back soon to be the new corvette metallic orange

That looks awesome Bailey. Did you do it yourself? If not where did you get it done?

My buddy owns a body shop so I got it painted by him but I did all the tear down and assembly.

My buddy owns a body shop so I got it painted by him but I did all the tear down and assembly.

I am a kind of nervous about doing the teardown knowing my luck after its back together it'll fly straight into something when I use waypoint mode or something lol

Lol then my suggestion to u is buy the sticker wraps. To change it up

Reactions: SnoozeDoggyDog
Just did mine myself...had to take apart for repair so i went ahead and tore down the whole thing.its doable.......I took lots of pictures kept all screws and parts separated and labeled in zip lock bags and read up on here and watched a bunch of you tube videos before doing it till I felt comfortable.
20160504_092902-picsay.jpg

Reactions: li2099

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20