Phantom owners register

Reaction score
I'm going to register my phantom drone so I don't open myself up to fines & legal problems. How about you?

I'm going to register my phantom drone so I don't open myself up to fines & legal problems. How about you?
Did that on Christmas day when I learned I had a present waiting at home.

they cant actually enforce it-its a way of identification if you did something wrong. if you don't register, you wont run into any problems. if you crash and you aren't registered, you lost your drone but you are fine. if you do register, they will identify you and fine you.
also this is a policy, not a law. it is to identify the owner of the drone IF you break a law. not registering is completely legal, but the FCC just doesn't like it.
I am not telling you not to register, just filling you in on the info :)

Reactions: GMayberry
Here in Barbados I had to get a license to fly. Further more, customs took the drone from me at the airport until I got the license.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

they cant actually enforce it-its a way of identification if you did something wrong. if you don't register, you wont run into any problems. if you crash and you aren't registered, you lost your drone but you are fine. if you do register, they will identify you and fine you.
also this is a policy, not a law. it is to identify the owner of the drone IF you break a law. not registering is completely legal, but the FCC just doesn't like it.
I am not telling you not to register, just filling you in on the info :)

It's possible that you could get away with it if you fly your drone in areas away from people, however I like to fly my drone in places such as cities & parks where there are people, not always in areas devoid of people. Therefore I prefer to have it registered in case of accidents where my drone might crash and possibly injure someone as opposed to not having it registered and be fined in case I do screw up & get caught with it, or if someone complained about me flying too close to their property. There are too many things that could happen where you might get in trouble with it and if at least have it registered it might lessen the chances of you having to fork out more money than you'd have to.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj