Phantom owner are lucky ones after all.

BWJ

Reaction score
Have you seen how many troubles Inspire comes with :roll:
I consider Phantom as a way better flying machine after all. :D

Yep there are some bugs right now but I think they will hopefully work em out.

+1 for DJI Phantom... I still think that the best Phantom version today is the 1.5....

There are bugs to work out. I think we have to remind ourselves what we're dealing with though. These things combine sophisticated complicated software, integrating with sophisticated complicated hardware, while flying through the air, with no room for error.
RC has been around for years, but the level were at now is all new.
DJI is not perfect, but I've looked at the units that compete with the Inspire 1, and the Phantom, and they seem to have more issues than DJI's units right now.
These competing units all look great, but I've read enough threads, and watched enough videos' to know they are not a great bet compared to the DJI line right now. (In my humble opinion of course)

Walkera scout X4
Hubsan Ora
Yuneec Q500
Voyager 3
Tali H500

I think in another year or two from now, the above units will be way more exciting with more proven reliable performance.
DJI will too though. !

I'm sure the Inspire problems will get worked out --- although maybe not until Version 2 or 3.

I'm more worried about DJI's constant firmware updating to reflect more geofencing. Now with the FAA firmly entrenched about LOS, I would assume all firmware updates for any DJI product will have a permanent range max. of 1,000 feet or so ??

:oops:

Maybe I'm more cynical about DJI. Just don't think they will get it together until another steps in with a close equal.

RichWest said:
Maybe I'm more cynical about DJI. Just don't think they will get it together until another steps in with a close equal.

They've already proven to be the leaders on most fronts. Why would they now sit back and wait for competition to pass them.
They may make mistakes, but I think their plan is to keep ahead of the game.
They very likely want to fix current issues, and also move forward.
It's just easier said than done, or we would all do it. :)

It isn't OK to sell products that have major (albeit software) issues. People have somehow gotten used to it, but its not right.
If I had Jhook issues and battery issues like some here did, I probably wouldn't buy another DJI product.
They're lucky we have the internet. Back in the day when I bought my Super Nintendo, there was no margin for error. Having to recall or have service centers patch/upgrade something bankrupted companies. Yes, the technology is fairly new, but remember there are people building their own multirotors and there are open-source kits out there, so it isn't exactly rocket science. All the sensors, motors etc. are readily available today and fairly cheap.
The Inspire is an interesting project, but the lifting arms may prove to be their biggest mistake yet. They're trying too hard to be different from the competition, yet ignoring everything customers are asking for.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl