Phantom or naza mode

Reaction score
Hello
I have the bird since a week and i was made 20 fligths. I have only 2 minor crashes indoor (just lerning) 40cm and broke one prop in the last.
I want to know what is the best mode to flight: phantom or naza with gps? Wich are the differences or advantages for each one?
I want to try indoor flight in a big build empty 400m2 and 8m height.
What is the best mode for indoor?
Thx in advance

lukode said:
I want to try indoor flight in a big build empty 400m2 and 8m height.
What is the best mode for indoor?
Thx in advance
I would not recommend indoor flight. The Phantom requires a good GPS signal to fly right. That is generally not available indoors.

Geert said:
Hi,

I don't advise you to fly indoors.
Go outside and find a big open field or something like that and start practicing.
Start learning to fly in Phantom mode and if you feel comfortable with that you can move on and explore other flight modes.

;)

Geert./.

Ok ill try as u say. In phantom mode is easy, but is necessary take the correct directions on the controls when the bird is gone or flying away...
I was read that phantom mode is same that naza in gps(s1 on up) isnt it?
Thx

Phantom Mode
S1 (right switch): GPS, ATTI, ATTI
S2 (left switch): Off, Off, Off.

Naza Mode
S1 (right switch): GPS, ATTI, Failsafe/Manual (switchable via software)
S2 (left switch): Off, Course Lock, Home Lock

That's the only notable differences. :lol:

As for flying indoors, I'm pretty sure GPS lock would be close to none since it needs a unobstructed view of the sky to work.

Could always fly without GPS though, but I would get same practice around non-concrete areas first.

UrAwFuL said:
Phantom Mode
S1 (right switch): GPS, ATTI, ATTI
S2 (left switch): Off, Off, Off.

Naza Mode
S1 (right switch): GPS, ATTI, Failsafe/Manual (switchable via software)
S2 (left switch): Off, Course Lock, Home Lock

That's the only notable differences. :lol:

As for flying indoors, I'm pretty sure GPS lock would be close to none since it needs a unobstructed view of the sky to work.

Could always fly without GPS though, but I would get same practice around non-concrete areas first.

One correction: You can't select ATTI mode with S1 in Phantom Mode. In that mode S1 is more like GPS,GPS,GPS. It will only go into the equivalent of ATTI (Ready to Fly non-GPS) when it sees less than 6 satellites. You have no choice in the matter.

UrAwFul's advice on flying indoors should definitely be taken seriously. Don't even think about flying indoors in Phantom mode. If it happens to pick up 6 satellites for a bit, like through windows, it may decide that it's proper position should be 30 feet away. It will be into a wall or window or person before you have a chance to react. If it loses it's lock on the way, it will continue coasting in the direction of the obstruction until you stop it, which you almost certainly won't.

I used NAZA mode for awhile, then switched back to phantom. I rarely if ever used the IOC, as I can track the orientation from the app, and I like being able to select new home locations, especially when shooting video at places like golf courses, where I want the tee box of every hole I shoot to be the new home, without having to power cycle.

Why do you think you have to power cycle in naza mode ? Just switch the s1 switch about 6 times and it resets home point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.