Phantom not taking off

Reaction score
Hello! And first off thank you for taking the time to help!

After calibrating the IMU, Tx, and GPS as well as having a fully charged battery the quadcopter will not take off. I have set the Software assistant to QuadRotorX, imported the config file from the DJI website, made sure the propellers are on the right way. Upgraded the Naza to 4.02; receiving type D-BUS (Phantom Version 1.1). I have not added or modified anything on the copter its completely stock. When attempting to take off I move the throttle up to about 50%; I could also move it straight to 100% and hear the motor reving trying to lift but nothing happens. Copter doesn't even move an inch. Please help as I would've loved to take this on my trip this weekend.

Can you post a video of what your Phantom is doing. Start the video from the time you have GPS lock on the Phantom. Arm the motors and then slowly increase the throttle to 100%.

Well I will post my simple solution. Everything I did was right, all the calibrations, the rebinding of the controller. I learned how to do it all and correctly! Now what I failed to do was align the copter's base correctly with the motors (i.e CW/CCW were incorrect) thus causing the copter not to get off the ground. This has been resolved and I have now flown and I must say... WOW! So responsive, and fast! Drove it at night as a first flight but I know tomorrow morning I will be at the part all day!

For reference this is the post I read:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 5&page=717

last post shows the revision motor to CC/CCW symbols. This triggered the idea that I must have replaced the cover incorrectly .

Pretty common this comes up quite regularly even I did this not that long ago and I have painted red marks to show nose. Only after giving it full throttle I realized I stupidly put the top on the wrong way. 99.99 percent of the time when someone claims they have done everything correctly and it wont lift its the props are all reversed due to shell being rotate 90 degrees either direction.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl