Phantom not stable after upgrade

Reaction score
Hi
I recently upgraded the firmware on my Phantom to v4.02 . Also did the default config. parameters afterwards, Now when in GPS hold my Phantom slowly does the toilet bowl effect.
When I yaw to any direction the Phantoms drifts quickly and completely off its mark and continues until I input some stick to stop. Also the Altitude varies a lot in both Atti and GPS hold positions.
Any thing I am doing wrong or did wrong during firmware upgrade??
Smiddie

I can't offer a solution to your problem other than to say I have read on another forum that more than one person has experienced the same thing after a v4.02 upgrade. That is the reason I have chosen to remain at v4.0.
So, if you wanted to, simply reinstall v4.0 and see if that cures the issue.

Smiddie said:
Hi
I recently upgraded the firmware on my Phantom to v4.02 . Also did the default config. parameters afterwards, Now when in GPS hold my Phantom slowly does the toilet bowl effect.
When I yaw to any direction the Phantoms drifts quickly and completely off its mark and continues until I input some stick to stop. Also the Altitude varies a lot in both Atti and GPS hold positions.
Smiddie

Do the compass dance and all should be good. I have found than even if you fly from the same spot in your yard. Calibrating the compass before each flight, or series of flights if your feeding multiple batteries, makes the GPS hold much better. You would think that if you start from the same place each time, not miles away, that you wouldn't need to calibrate, but I think that you do. For instance, my Garmin hand held GPS needs the compass calibrated in the same way as the Phantom any time you remove and reinstall batteries. The Phantom may be no different.

Firmware vs. 4.02 is pretty solid. v4.00 has a known critical bug that can result in a crash landing.

Thanks Guys
I just did another Default config parameter download and calibrated.
I do the calibration dance just about every time I insert a fresh battery.
Now night has fallen with a strong wind so I will test tomorrow.
Thanks again
Smiddie

Smiddie said:
Hi
Smiddie
Hi Smiddie, it sounds like you need to reset the compass then it should be fine.there is a tutorial on You Tube
Regards Alan
Windhoek

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20