Phantom nose diving on lift off with gimbal???

Reaction score
just got done with installing a gimbal on the phantom v1.1.1. and upgraded to firmware 4.02 also...BUt the phantom nose dives upon lift off from ground...This wasnt happening on my old firmware 2.02 , ive imported the default phantom parameters when i upgraded the firmware. So do I need change settings at all so that it doesnt do this everytime i take off on flat ground? or do I just have to manually pitch the phantom back upon lift off just to have a proper leveled take off?

Ive got a bit of that myself. I have the same setup as you do. Before the gimbal and gopro id take off at half throttle. These days im practically full throttle until im safetly off the ground.

JaysDMC said:
Ive got a bit of that myself. I have the same setup as you do. Before the gimbal and gopro id take off at half throttle. These days im practically full throttle until im safetly off the ground.

I'll have to do a couple of more test take off, it itsnt really a big deal but it just surprised me after it did it once. I also saw a quick YouTube video but didn't really pay attention much, but they suggested of changing some values on the naza software since adding more weight changes flight characteristics etc, maybe I'll try playing with their settings.

Check out a few of my videos on my youtube channel (see my signature). You'll see as I lift off the phantom will rise and move forward about 3 feet for the first second or so.

I agree, at first it's really alarming. Now that I'm used to it I allow a little more space for take offs.

I find that as I add more weight, I need to increase the Attitude Gains as well as Vertical Gain gains for a more positive response to abnormalities.

Another way to lift-off is to bring the throttle to the halfway mark, wait for the RPM to increase, then "punch" it up off the ground quickly, then reduce the throttle to a reasonable climb rate as soon as it is off the ground. This is only required if your Attitude Gains are too low.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20