Phantom Name Change

Reaction score
I searched with the Phantom google search, but didn't see anything recent. Need to change my P4 name and hope it can be done.

I opened a ticket with DJI thinking maybe unregister and re-registering could do the trick.

This is not something you can do, but I'm assuming DJI can somehow do it in their system.

Thanks! I'll report back when DJI gets back to me.

Here is the reply I got from DJI support:

"Thank you for contacting DJI. Unfortunately, once the aircraft is named, it is not something that can be edited or changed. I am sorry for any confusion on this point."

That's pretty crazy!

Dji renamed my phantom pro 3 from spartan x1 to phantom 3 pro during my last repair.... Not happy, DJI says tuff luck.

Is it really a big deal ? Probably less annoying for the new owner in a years time :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is it really a big deal ? Probably less annoying for the new owner in a years time :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I bought mine, "new" and it was named "Ozzzzy's Quad". When I noticed, I didn't immediately take it back. It supposedly was right out of the display, which didn't bother me. But it got named?

It's survived some severe trauma unscathed, I'm glad I kept it, and I doubt a resale would go down in flames over a name, but why should that be a concern? This question has generated hundreds of threads and thousands of views. Come on DJI!

Reactions: snowghost
Well, my first P4 bricked and the replacement now has the correct name. A helluva way to get a name change. :cool:

Already possible :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    520.6 KB · Views: 529
You can find it at the bottom of the "General Settings" section of DJI GO:

DJI GO Device Name.jpg

I'm assuming DJI just added it in the latest DJI GO update. I've never seen it there before.

I just changed the name from "please choose a name for your inspire" , saved and exit, logged out of account, logged back in and it still shows the same name as before in my logs, maybe it will create a new log under the new name once I fly it. But it didn't take care of the name issue in my flight logs that I've had for a year

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Bushier on, is DJI GO connected to your Phantom? You won't see that setting while disconnected.

Thanks msinger, I think dementia before adventure has set in already. Alls good. Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj