Phantom Motors?

Reaction score
I have used my Phantom many times. Then I crashed it, and ever since then the motors won't start. Every time I try to connect the transmitter, the Phantom blinks 4-5 red lights. After that it just blinks yellow.... The transmitter is connecting to the drone; I know this because I hooked it up to the computer and I could calibrate the RC without having to plug it in too. If anyone could help me out here that would be great! Thanks

Need a few more detail about the crash. After crashing did the motors keep trying to run and were any of the propellers obstructed. Two items usually stop it from starting. Unplugged GPS or damaged GPS module and second is a burned out ESC (motor controller). Tell us aboutnthencrash as that may give some idea where to start checking.

I opened the back of the phantom up, and everything was connected, but ever since then the very top of the Phantom (where DJI sticker is) was EXTREMELY hot! It burned my skin. Also one of the propellers was chipped, but barely. I crashed it by hitting a tree about 20 feet up, then it landing on my driveway. I had to manually stop the motors, and ever since they haven't been able to turn on...

Josiah, are talking about the top where the double stickers are on one of the arms. Or at the very top in the center. We need a little more specifics for the location that is getting hot, would help if you could post a picture too. More informant we can give you an idea as to what item to look at. We're at one of two problems right now but we need to get info to get it to the right one so it will be easier to diagnose.

It is the very top at the center.

Attachments

• WIN_20150810_120115.JPG
    WIN_20150810_120115.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 253
That is where the GPS PCB is mounted to the top shell half.

You'll need to open it up and remove the shield and PCB to inspect the GPS module.
Replacement is about $160US.

GPS modules can be picked up from eBay starting at $109.00. Be Phantom specific for the model.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20