Phantom Motor needs replacement

Reaction score
I have an original Phantom and I stripped 2 of my motors.

Should I buy the new DJI motors with CW & CCW threads or go for the T-Motor MN2214-KV920

Thanks

Two new stock motors are around $50-60 total. Anti Gravs are $190. It depends on how worn the other two good motors are and much you want to spend. I put in anti gravs a few weeks ago. They are nicer than the stock motors.

You can get the Tmotor2214-11 that has the reverse thread too. It's the replacement motors for the newer model phantoms :) I'm eyeing a set off for ~$200USD or a tarot gimbal for around $170USD

Waiting on a Red ESC !

FD1_3862.jpg

Wait a minute. What do you mean stripped a motor? Do you mean you killed the bearings or messed up a winding. What in specific is wrong? It my be fixable.

Ohhhhh. That is a new one on me. There is no fixing that but if it is just the prop nuts at least you can use the windings as spares.

Fdnyfish; I was looking at the picture, and noticed that you have the wires attached to the ESC's so that they are not
coming up off the board vertically.
I did the same thing, when I installed my T-motors. I thought it would be a neater installation, and less likely to
get in the way of that stupid upper shell attachment point.

I had the wires laying across the FET's on the ESC's, and when I plugged in the battery, one of the FET's caught fire.

The ESC was ruined, but it could have been much worse if it happened in flight.

I'm not saying that you will encounter the same problem, but it did happen to me.

Thanks for the heads up.

Did it burn as soon as you attached a battery? Or did it take a while?

I have had a battery in for about 10 minutes whilst testing motors and all seems fine (so far)

Did it burn as soon as you attached a battery? Or did it take a while?

It caught fire immediately. If you have had your battery connected for 10 minutes without problems you may be okay.

I told a friend who works at NASA about my situation, and he wasn't really surprised.

I thought the silicon coating the wires was good enough insulation, but then I've been wrong before too. ;)

You will definitely like the Anti-Gravity motors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31