phantom monitors ?

Reaction score
does DJI have any intentions of ever coming out with a dedicated monitor for the phantom using IPhones really suck and are hard to to keep connected.
Iv seen them on some cheaper models of quads.

A 7-8 in. tablet works very well, I've used a Galaxy Tab 3 and now using an iPad Mini w/Retina display which also works very good

Actually I think it's a good thing they don't. If we had to buy a monitor with our Phantoms, how much more do you think it would cost? Yeah maybe 1 monitor could work with all units. But if they did the same as others and stuck a monitor in the TX, think of the battery power it would consume and again, think of the price. Most of us have Smartphones and Tablets already so this is just another way of utilizing them :D

I was really thinking of an optional accessory that would only see extender wifi

That could be nice. As long as it's optional! Lol

spinn said:
does DJI have any intentions of ever coming out with a dedicated monitor for the phantom using IPhones really suck and are hard to to keep connected.
Iv seen them on some cheaper models of quads.

Disable all other WIFI connections on the phone.

Or do as I do use an old phone with no sim card and only one WIFI connection. There will be less chance of a WIFI drop then.

What sort of distance are you getting a dropped connection?

sometimes it want make connection at all.
Last night I started turning on airplane mode it seemed to work but have not had to do this and have been flying over a year.
Now even with this working on phone and tab. and laptop, still cant make camera show on app.
Camera answers startup test at quad and shows solid green light on camera base but doesn’t show on app.
Maybe I have something bad in hardware.
I don’t know which piece controls that process. The camera and gimbal are new from a new vision+.
I drowned one vision+ in a pool ( clumsy me )(DJI told me I'm a bad pilot, maybe so, I've probably got a 1000 flights) bought a new one made a few flights with it and took the camera off and replaced it with the one that got wet and it worked good as new but a few flights later lost new bird.
Bought another off EBay cant get it to work the app. putting gopro on for a while until I can figure out what's wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20