Phantom losing TX Signal - HELP

Reaction score
Hello everyone I have been lurking on here for a while now and have finally ran into a problem I couldn't figure out and decided to recruit the help of the community.

Last month I decided I wanted to upgrade my FC40 to a Tarot Gimbal with the GoPro. I ordered the gimbal and all the other stuff I need to run an FPV setup from HobbyKing. Last week it all came in and I after I got everything installed I took it outside for a test flight late at night to make sure it still functioned the way it was suppose to. Since it was late and I was tired I just brought it up to a hover at about 6 ft, checked that the gimbal was working correctly and landed.

Well this weekend I took it out for a flight and as soon as it got around 30 ft away from me it lost signal and went into failsafe mode and returned to home. After that I started to play with it to figure out why it was doing that. As soon as it would start blinking I would bring it back a little closer and it would stop. I can't seem to figure out why it is losing signal.

The problem started after I installed the Tarot and the FatShark 5.8Ghz transmitter.
I have the Tarot plugged right into the F2 port on the NAZA
I have checked the GPS connections to make sure they are firmly connected
Unless they have released a new firmware in the last three weeks that is up-to-date

I am at a loose here and would appreciate any help if any of you guys have any insight on the issue.

Its the interference from your 5.8Ghz FPV transmitter. Your radio controller is also 5.8Ghz therefor its getting interference from your FPV transmitter. You should have purchased a 2.4Ghz transmitter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1